Hamliza || Valedictorian

Elizabeth Schuyler was a girl of many titles. Kind, compassionate, trusting, but she was not an idiot. No, she was careful with who she truly trusted, but was kind to everyone and anyone. Well, except for one person. Alexander Hamilton; singlehandedly her number one enemy and the one reason she wasn't valedictorian. It was her spot, the whole school knew it. She was just bound to be valedictorian. She never missed a single day of school, she tooks notes on everything, she was kind to all of her teachers, and she had straight As.

It was a shock that she lost; to her, to her family, to the whole school. Only one person knew that she would lose, and that was Alexander. Sure, he wasn't what you'd call valedictorian material. He didn't do his homework, he goofed around in class, and he only ever aced his tests. So how in god's name did he win? It was simple; he got all his teachers from freshman through senior year to put his final grade in as whatever he got on a gaint test filled with four years of work.

Alexander passed it with a solid one hundred percent, making his GPA a 4.0, which beat out Elizabeth's by just a tiny bit, due to having a B+ in her English Literature class in freshman year. She was the president of the literature club for heavens sake! Elizabeth was livid that Alexander bested her, and after graduation she went up to him and proceeded to calmly explain why he didn't deserve to be valedictorian.

He just chuckled and booped her nose before walking off, causing her to stomp her foot in frustration and walk away angrily. How dare he! He didn't get to take her spot! It was hers! She had worked for years! She found a bench and sat down, throwing her graduation cap on the ground and glaring at it. What did she do to deserve to lose her title? She covered her face in her hands and tried not to cry. She was so sensitive, god. She heard the bench creak as someone sat down next to her and quickly turned and saw Alexander sitting there, holding her cap in his hands and staring up at the clouds.

"What are you doing here?" She growls, wiping her eyes again. Alexander looked at her and handed her the cap she dropped.

"Look, I'm sorry about being valedictorian. I didn't think I would even get that good of a score, so here. It was yours and I made sure that the office made you one." He mumbles, pulling a certificate out from his robe and handing it to her. She slowly grabbed it and read it over before looking up at him.

"You made them print out a valedictorian certificate for me?" She asks, her cheeks turning a light pink. Alexander nods and glances away, embarrassed.

"Like you said, the title was yours. It was always yours. So now, we're both valedictorian and you no longer have to hate me." He mumbles, standing up. He looks up at the sky, sighing. "Anyways, I should go. I doubt you want to be near me any longer than you have to be."

"Wait." She says, setting her things down on the bench and standing up. She grabs his hand and makes him look at her, allowing him to notice her red cheeks. He blinks, going to protest before she quickly presses her lips to his, her eyes closed. He blushed deeply, his eyes widening, confused on what to do.

He noticed how her lips tasted like doughnut glaze, and how she was timid in doing this--he could only tell because she didn't do anything else, more of just kept her lips placed to his. Before he could do anything though, she pulled away. Elizabeth grinned at him, picked up her things, and ran off, leaving Alexander there by himself, with his red face and open mouth as he watched her retreating figure disappear.

"Bye, valedictorian." He whispers softly, smiling. He grabs his things before walking the opposite direction, wondering if he would ever see her again. He hoped so.