22. The Bible Belt.

Kayden' s P O V

As I Awoke Kai Was Sitting At The Edge Of The Bed , Watching Little Bill. I Rolled Over And Looked At The Time , It Was Just Past One In The Afternoon. I Closed My Eyes Again , Then Jumped Up Causing Kai To Fall Of The Bed. 

"Oh My Gosh. Kai Baby , I'm Sorry.' I Said Kissing All Over Him , He Gigged And Pointed To His Forehead.

"You Hit Your Head?' I Asked Rubbing It And Poking Out My Lip. He Nodded. I Grabbed His Face And Kissed His Forehead , Then I Sat Him Back On The Bed While I Grabbed Some Clothes. I Ran Up To Lela's Room And Banged On The Door.  "Lela , You In There?' I Asked , No Answer. "So They Left And Ain't Tell Me. I Got They Asses.' I Said Chuckling.

I Quickly Ran To The Shower And Hopped In. After About Thirty Minutes I Got Out. I Hurried And Put On Lotion Then My Undergarments. I Decided On Something Simple. A Black Sweatshirt And A Pair Of Gray Sweats. Slipping On Some Random Roshes , I Brushed My Wild Mane Into Too Long Side Braids , Afterwards Brushing My Teeth.

I Grabbed Kai And Gave Him A Quick Bath. I Helped Him Put On His White V Neck And His Matching Overalls. I Let The Suspender Hang I Helped Him With Him Timbs As He Tried To Comb His Curls. I Was About To Walk Out But Then I Remembered I Didn't Wash My Face. "Shit.' I Cursed. I Ran Back Into The Bathroom All Most Tripping Over My Red Bottoms And Quickly Washed My Face.

"Come On Kai.'

I Grabbed As Many Bags As I Could  , Taking Them Downstairs. But I Kept Dropping Them. "Damnit!' I Shouted.  "Ooo , Kayka Said A Bad Word.' He Said Giggling. I Shook My Head As He Laughed His Little Head Off. Grabbing The Bags I Had Dropped I Sprinted To The Car Throwing Them In The Trunk. I Look At My G-Shock , It Was Past One Thirty. I Reached In My Pocket For My Phone But It Wasn't There. I Shut The Trunk And Dashed Up Stairs Grabbing My Phone  & The Charger. I Looked To Make Sure I Had Every Thing , And Ran Back Downstairs.

"You Ready , Baby?' I Asked , Buckling Him In. He Nodded Then I Quickly Buckled Up And Sped Off.

. . . . . . .

When We Got There It Was One Fifty Three. I Put Our Bags On The Carrier Then Got Kai. I Ran In And Did All The Necessary Things Then Sat Down In The Chairs. I Took My Book Bag Off My Back And Closed My Eyes. My Head Was Hurting Like A Mother Fucker And My Back Was Killing Me.

"Kayka.'

"Kayka'

"Hmmm?' I Asked.

I Opened My Eyes. He Handed Me My Phone. Kayla's Name Flashed Across It Indicating That She Called. I Rubbed A Hand Across My Face As I Took It. Kai Crawled On My Lap And Laid His Head On My Chest As He Held His Teddy Bear Tightly. I Smiled And Wrapped A Secure Hand Around His Small Body. I Dialed Kayla's Number As I Put His Blanket Around Us.

"Hello?' She Asked.

"Kayla , Hey. We're At The Airport.' I Said.

"Great , When You Get Here I'll Pick You Up.'

I Yawned. "Okay , Well-' , "Flight 370 , Flight 370' The Lady Called. "Kay They Just Called Us , I'll Call You Later.' I Replied As I Picked Kai Up. "Alright , Bye Love Y'all.' She Said. "Bye , Love You Too.' I Said Hanging Up , Quickly.

I Pushed The Carrier Over To The Luggage Thingy And Put Them On. Then I Walked Over To The Door , As Kai Was Looking Around.

"Ticket Please.' The Lady Smiled. I Smiled Back And Showed Her. We Then Got Escorted On The Plane. I Looked At The Ticket , We Had To Sit All The Way In The Middle. I Groaned As We Walked There , I Was Just Simply To Lazy. I Sat Kai Down In His Seat Then I Slid Into Mine , Surprisingly The Seats Were Very Comfortable.

"Welcome Aboard Everyone!'

"I'll Be Your Pilot For Today! Now If You Look To Your Left You'll See Your-'

I Kinda Zoned Out After That. I Was Tired And I've Been On A Plane Before. As I Sat Slightly Listening , Kai Was Up On His Knees Looking Around.

"You Like It?' I Asked As A Smile Crept Upon My Face.

"Yeah!' He Shouted. People Looked Back At Us , I Chuckled "Not So Loud.' I Said Running My Hand Through His Hair. "Ladies And Gentleman , Were About To Take Flight So Get Comfortable And Enjoy Your Ride.' There Were A Few Claps And Laughs. I Put My Pillow Around My Neck Then Put The Blanket Around Us. I looked Out Off The Window As We Began To Lift Off.

. . . . . . .

I Put My Beats On Them Plugged Them Into My Phone , "Kai , I Have A Surprise For You' I Said Smiling , His Eyes Became Wide , I Reached In My Bag And pulled Out A Pair Of White Beats , I Mean Why Not ?

His Birthday Is Coming Up Anyways. I Handed Them To Him , He Hugged Me Tightly Then Plugged Them Into His I-Pad Mini. I Shook My Head , He's Just Like Me. I Scrolled Through My 4,896 Songs , Then Just Decided To Listen To My Radio.  I Locked My Phone Then Put My Head Back. Kai Moved The Arm Rest And Leaned On Me. "Awe.' I Cooed , Kissing His Head. I Began Thinking About Everything That Happened. I Mentally Rolled My Eyes As Memories Of Sabastin Returned.  Maybe Someone Better Really Might Show Up. I Wonder What Life Will Be Life With Out Him. Cause I Mean , He Was My Baby. My Homie. My Fuckin' Everything. But Shit , Forever Doesn't Always Mean Forever.

"KayKa' 

"Wassup , Baby?' I Asked , Removing My Headphones.

"Where Are We Going?' He Asked , Looking Up At Me.

Were Going Home.