24. A Family.

Sage's P O V

"Kayla , I'm About To Make Dinner!' I Yelled.

"Okay!"

I Rolled My Eyes. "Getcho Pregnant Ass Down Here!'

As She Came Down She Laughed. "After Bas Get Here We Gone Have To Fight.' I Joked As She Playfully Rolled Her Eyes.

"What Are You Making?' She Asked , Pulling Out Her Phone.

I Shrugged. "Steak. With Broccoli And Baked Potatoes. '

"It Sound's Good. And I Glad That Your Remembered That I Have To Eat Healthy.' She Said.

I Shook My Head. "They Know Black People Don't Eat Healthy.' I Said. She Giggled. "Nah , But Forreal.  This Broccoli Is Steamed , And The Steak Is Lean.'

"All Long As There's Ice Cream , I'm Good.'

"There Is , But Its Low Fat. My God Son Is Not Gonna Come Out Fat.' I Joked. She Giggled Again.

She Smiled & Sighed. "I Can't Wait Until Little Abasi Gets Here.' She Said Rubbing Her Stomach.

I Smiled As I Put In The Potatoes. "I Know Right.' I Added. She Nodded Again.

"Speaking Of Which , I Need To Go Shop-'

My Phone Rang. I Picked It Up And Held Up A Finger. "Hold That Though.'

"Hello?' I Asked , Wiping My Hands Off.

"Hey , Baby.'

I Rolled My Eyes. "What Do You Want Qua?' I Asked Activated.

"Is That The Way You Speak To Your Husband?' He Chuckled.

I Laughed. "Your Right.'

"What In The Fuck , Do You Want?'

He Laughed Again. "Still The Same I See.'

"Damn Right.'

"Sage.' Kayla Called. I Looked At Kayla. "My Baby Brother Is Up Stairs.' She Whispered. I Nodded Then Mouthed "Sorry.'

"So What Do You Want.' I Asked For The Third Time.

"Baby I'm Sorry.' He Whined.

I Shook My Head. Then Whispered "Sorry Don't Mean Shit.'

"What Did I Do?' He Asked.

"You Know Damn Well What You Did!' I Shouted , Now Exiting Through The Back Door.

"You Know What I'm Tired Of Your Attitude-'

"My Attitude? You Cheated On Me With My Fuckin' Cousin. In My House , In My Bed. So I Should Have A Fucking Attitude!' I Yelled Into The Phone.

He Was Silent. "Maybe If You Would Stop Bitching All The Time , I Wouldn't Have Cheated! ' He Yelled Back.

"You Just Mad Cause I Ain't Give You No Cutty!' I Yelled.

"You Know What?' He Asked.

"What Nigga. What?'

He Was Silent. "That's What I Fucking Thought !' Nearly Screamed Then Hung Up. I Walked Back In The House then Took A Deep Breath.

I Walked Back Over And Checked The Steaks. I Then Grabbed The Knife And Chopped Up Some Carrots. I Started Chopping When I Began To Get Angry All Over Again.

"Fuck!' I Groaned As I Threw Down The Knife And Turned Around. Kayla Sat Eating Grapes While Watching Me. I Sighed. "What?' I Asked. "Was That Who I Think It Was?' She Asked. I Nodded Taking A Grape. "He Called Me With A Whole Bunch Of Bull Shit.' I Said. "Don't Worry , I'm Still Gonna Hook You Up With My Friend Alex.' She Said , Patting My Back. I Shook My Head. I Glanced At My Phone And Saw It Was Time To Take Out The Food. "Y'all , Dinner Is Ready !' I Yelled.

                                               Kayden's P O V

"Gimme A Kiss.' I Cooed At Kai.

"No!' He Cried , Pouting. Awe , He's Mad.

"Why?'

He Shook He Head. I Hugged Him Even Though His Arms Were Crossed , He Couldn't Resist My Hugs. "You Don't Want To Play With Me.' He Said Wiping His Tear. "Kai I Have To Finish Unpacking.' He Cried More. I Picked Him Up And Hugged Him Tightly. He Cried On My Shoulder As I Rubbed His Back Then , Kissed His Cheek."Listen , Baby. I'll Play With You After I Finish Okay?' I Questioned. He Nodded And Laid On My Chest. He Soon Began To Drift Off To Sleep , I Turned Down The TV And Laid Back On My Pillow. I Guess I'll Finish Later.

My Phone Rang. I Sighed Then Laid Kai In His Bed. I Picked It Up Then Walked Outside Closing The Door Behind Me.

"Hello?'

"Is This Kayden?' A Familiar , Male Voice Asked.

"It Depends , Whose This?'

"Whose This?'

"Nigga You Called Me.' I Fumed. I Hate When People Do That Shit.

He Laughed. "It's Sean.'

"Oh , Hey.' I Said Blushing From Embarrassment.

"Wassup?' He Asked.

"Nothing Really , I'm Finishing Unpacking.' I Said.

"You Moved?' He Asked.

"Just Temporarily , I Came To Visit My Sister.' I Explained.

"Mhm.' 

"Yeah. So What Are You Doing?' I Asked , Walking Around The Driveway.

"I Just Got Out Off The Shower.'

I Silently Giggled. I Could Tell He Was Smirking Wit' His Cooky Ass. "Well I'm Bout To Take A Bath , I'm In The Bathroom Now.'

He Groaned. "Why Did You Do That ?' He Asked. I Flipped My Hair. "Do What ?' I Giggled. "Now I'm Hard.' He Joked.

"Tmi.'

"Well You Did .' He Laughed.

"Y'all , Dinner Is Ready!' Sage Yelled.

"Okay!' I Yelled Back. " Sean I Gotta Go So I'll Talk To You Later , Okay?'

"Aw Okay , Face Time Me Before You Go To Bed.' He Replied.

"Alright , Bye.'

"Bye , Kbaby.'

I Smiled At The Nick Name He Gave Me. It Hasn't Been Two Full Days Of Me Knowing Him And He Already Has A Name For Me , But It Was Kind Of Cute. I Walked Back Inside And Woke Up Kai. He Whined , But Got Up Anyway. Picking Him Up , I Took Him Downstairs To The Kitchen Were Everyone Was Waiting. I Sat Him In His Chair As Kayla Finished Putting The Plates On The Table. After About Five Minutes She Sat Down. "So , Who Wants To Say Grace?' She Asked Folding Her Hands. "Me , Me!' Kai Yelled , Raising His Hand High. We All Laughed.

"God Our Father , God Our Father. We Thank You , We Thank You. Thank You For Our Blessing , Thank You For Our Blessing. Amen , Amen.' He Said "Awe.' I Cooed , Kissing His Cheek. "Nots Let's Eat!' Sage Yelled , Picking Up A Piece Of Steak And Stuffing It In her Mouth.

"Fatass.' Keshawn Sniggered.

"Aye Now , Lil Boy. Don't Start With Me While In Eating , Cause I'll End Up Throwing This Plate.' She Warned , Causing All Of Is To Erupt In Laughter.

. . . . . . .

Everyone Began Eating. I Put A Piece Of Steak In My Mouth And Put Down My Fork , Remembering What She Said She Was Going To Do Earlier. "So , Kayla. Remember What You Told Me Earlier?' I Asked. Kayla Shook Her Head "I Want To Know How All Of This Happened.' I Said Pointing To Her Belly And Keshawn. She Giggled Then Took A Sip Of Her Water.

"Okay.' She Began , Smiling.

. . . . . . .