Chapter 19

We stopped at the doorway of the kitchen and Frank walked in as i followed his lead. If he wanted to stand up to him i would be behind him all the way.

He walked over to the kitchen counter and leaned against it, i however sat on top of the counter next to him. He looked up at me and smiled as i smiled back.

"Where did you go?" My mum spoke up from the table where her, Joe and poor Mikey sat.

"Up to my room..." I said and raised an eyebrow

"Oh...okay" She knew there was something between Frank and I, but even I didn't know what we were. We weren't together but we had kissed a few times and we both cared about each other a lot, I guess we weren't really bothered about he whole 'labels' kind of thing.

"I should get going, it's getting late." Joe stood up from his chair as did my mom

"Of course" They both walked towards the door until he turned around to face Frank and I

"Bye son" Joe said as he glared at Frank who gave him the middle finger and he walked off and chuckled to himself.

I heard mumbling from him and my mom speaking and saying goodbyes or whatever, I just wish he would go already. I was getting impatient and we needed to speak to mom before anything really did happen between them.

She walked into the kitchen and saw Me, Frank and Mikey sat at the table together. I looked at her and began to speak

"Mom, we need to speak to you"

"All of you?" she asked curiously

"Yes, can you come sit down" I gestured towards the empty chair opposite me

"Look, if it's about Joe I don't want to talk. I'm tired and I need to-"

"Mom! We need to talk...Please" I gave her a pleading look and she caved in and sat down

"Is it about you and Frank? Because I know there is something going on with you-"

"Mom!" I glanced at Frank and saw his cheeks blush red as he caught my eyes and smiled as I smiled back

"It's about Joe..." I sighed letting my anger out slightly and looked at Frank for him to continue

"Miss Way-"

"Donna" She interrupted

"Donna..." He was clearly nervous, he had his hands under the table to hide the fact he was pulling on his sleeve again, I caught on and gently held his hand under the table which steadied his nerves a bit "W-when my dad- Joe, and my mom divorced it was because of him. And it's because of him that my family went downhill and it's because of him that my mum is an alcoholic." He paused as I squeezed his hand gently before continuing "M-my d- Joe would steal money from my mum..." My mum gasped as he said that and let him continue "He stole the money so he could go buy booze and alcohol or whatever he needed. He gambled and lost his money, well my moms money, and when she had no money left...he left her, got divorced and abandoned her with me. I was only small but when they got divorced my mom started to drink because she had no money, she got addicted and has never stopped since. At times she would get better and then completely go down hill and get really bad, she's a rollercoaster of alcoholic emotions. And it's my 'dads' fault. That's why I hate him, that's why I want nothing to do with him. He ruined my mom, he destroyed the family and left it for ruins..." I saw his eyes start to prick with tears and then felt a tear roll down my own cheek. But he kept strong and carried on "And that's why I want your family to have nothing to do with him, because if he ruined this family...I would never forgive myself. You can't let him into you're family, he'll wreck it."

It was silent for a few minutes, you could hear a pin drop. Until my mom decided to speak up

"I'm so sorry, I put all of you boys in danger, it's all my fault." She looked down at her lap as if she was in shame

"It's not your fault" Frank spoke as he wiped a tear from his face "You couldn't have known"

"Thank you Frank, for telling me and warning me about him" She gave him a gentle smile and Frank squeezed my hand to let me know that he was okay.

(I'm cutting this chapter shorter than the others cos this is a sore subject and I don't know how to end it :))