Chapter 24

Kelton's P.O.V
"Okay," I say, sitting up in my hospital bed and summarising what they have filled me in on. "Let me get this straight. Leia and John don't remember that they're Leia and John, they think they've always been Josh and Liberty."

"Exactly," (Younger) Luke confirms

"That doesn't make sense," I mumble, putting my finger on my chin to address my confusion.

"None of this makes sense," (Younger) Michelle tells me.

"Okay," I say "Today is the day I'm getting out of hospital. Drive me to the library and we will see if we can find a book on it."

"They still have libraries?" (Younger) James questions

"Yeah," I nod "Usually all the old people go their to feel like they are in he past again."

"How do you know that?" (Younger) Michelle asks

"My mom does it," I respond.

(Younger) Leia's P.O.V
"I'm Liberty!" I deny truthfully, because I am! I'm not this Leia girl that they speak of. I'm Liberty. Always have been and always will be!

Marisa disappointedly shakes her head while Tyler and Rikki sip their teas out of frustration.

Josh and I look towards each other, giving each other confused looks that ask what they are on about. Have they gone mad or something?

(Younger) Riley's P.O.V
We went in a private room so Lisa and John couldn't hear our private conversation. This is defiantly going to be harder than we thought.

"We have to give up," I admit "It's hopeless. Neither John or Leia remember themselves."

"This just tells us that we need to get back," Tyler informs "We don't have much time left."

"You're right," Marisa nods "But one question. Where are we going back to?"

"Not you to," Theo sighs, crossing his arms while rolling his eyes.

"What's your name?" I question, checking if she has actually thought that she is truly Marisa.

"Marisa," She says in a duh tone, okay, another gone. We're running out of time.

(Younger) James' P.O.V
My phone vibrates in my pocket. As I check the text from my girlfriend  I frown, that causes Luke to ask "What's up?"

"Maggie thinks she's Marisa," I tell them

"We don't have much time, We've become to comfortable in this world thinking there are no affects. We have to get out of here." Michelle states "After Kelton comes out of the change room we have to rush to the library before someone else starts forgetting."

"What will they forget?" I ask, trying to make it look believable that I don't know who I am anymore.

"Name?" Luke questions, trying to check if I've been affected.

"Jacob," I lie to them, trying to contain the laughter on how gullible they are "But why is that necessary?"

"Jacob?" Michelle repeats, looking worried and honestly her reaction and Luke's is so priceless that it's hard to contain my laughter. I know this is a serious matter but again...Don't even worry about it. But I can't anymore and that's when I burst out laughing, they look at me angrily. Ok, I shouldn't have done that. Wrong time.

"Lets go," Kelton says, coming out of the bathroom in his causal clothes instead of his hospital robe and he fist pumps me. "Nice joke dad."

Dad. That's weird. But my son gets me.

"Yeah bro," I laugh, following him out the door. I know Luke and Michelle are rolling their eyes at me from behind but I think it's hilarious so I just turn around and shine an 'innocent' smirk.

(Younger) Michelle's P.O.V
When we arrived at the library we didn't know exactly what we were searching for. Who would?

"What do we look for?" I question

"I don't know," Kelton admits "Lets ask the lady."

"About how to get back to the past?" Luke asks, a hint of sarcasm evident in his voice, "I don't think that's such a great idea. Let's just search for books in the mythical section."

"Good idea," Kelton agrees "She might turn you in to the cops for money."
----------
(Younger) Luke's P.O.V
"I found this," Kelton says, dropping a dusty and heavy book that looks like it's a thousand pages long on the desk. That earns us a warning from the librarian to be quiet. In sync we all put our arms up in defence.

"How do you know it's useful?" James asks

"The first page literally says 'Future Help'" Michelle tells him, pointing to the first page where the words were written.

"Sucks to be you," James laughs, just ready to walk away but I have something else in mind. "You guys have to read that. Well, bye."

"No James," I disagree, taking him by the arm and dragging him back to the desk "Just for that. You get to read."

Michelle and Kelton find that is the funniest thing in the world and laugh as well as I do. It's hilarious. His face is priceless. I'll never get over it.

"You can't make me," He teases, pulling his tongue out while crossing his arms like an angry toddler.

"Do you really want your precious Riley to forget who she really is and more importantly forget WHO she's with," I explain, making sure he will.

"Okay," He quickly agrees "I'll do it."
----------
"Found it!" He exclaims, that causes the librarian to come to where we are and give us the 16th warning for being to loud. Every time she gives us this death glare which we all agree is quite scary but when James gets excited it all goes wrong and she's comes back to tell us off.

"You better have this time." Michelle says, Yep. He's claimed he's found the method about 11 times now. It explains why he's so bad at Maths.

Kelton rolls his eyes before rechecking again and this time his face lights up and he cheers "James found it!"

"He didn't," I deny "He couldn't have."

"You have such little faith in me," James pouts jokingly "It says that we have to make a time machine and the instructions are here."

"Well," Kelton states "We know what work we have ahead of us. Let's do this."