Chapter 11 - Trapped

Little boy
You were once filled with joy
But someone broke your toy
And slowly you became a decoy

I could only feel his hand wrapped around my arm as he dragged me down a cool hallway. My vision was blocked by an unholy cloth that has not been washed for a while. But that was the least of my concerns. I had been taken. 

It feels like I am only dreaming. As if I will wake up and everything will be over with. Nothing would have actually happened and I can live in peace. Yet as my feet continue to walk upon this floor, unknown to me, I continue to go through a cycle of realization. The process repeats until I feel my guide stop and the sound of our steps come to a halt. 

"We are here. I hope you will enjoy your stay, Miss. I will be around- don't you worry- to help you adjust to your new life."

Hearing those words made my blood boil. He was treating me as if I was a newly adopted dog that he could play around with. 

The warmth of his sinful hand disappears and suddenly I could see again. It wasn't a sight to be glad of.

It looked like he brought me to an asylum. The walls were padded so well it could muffle a scream. The floor was gray tile with a scatter of scratches that I do not want to know the stories of. And a single bed lay, waiting for me, ready to consume me in a deep world of sleep. Somewhere far beneath the earths core and through the blazing temperatures of it. A place where it was sweltering with ice instead of heat. In a world that didn't make sense of names. And all I had to do to get there was lay my head on that pillow.

I feel a nudge behind me as the monsters hand pushes me into the room. 

"Perhaps you can join me for a dinner soon. We can discuss more. Until then, get your sleep. I  am sure that injection can make one quite drowsy."

"What-"

A door slams behind me and when I turn around I am alone again. 

What injection?

I look to my new bed and make the decision that I would rather die standing than lay on those messy sheets. So I stay where I am. Since he brought it up I was starting to feel tired. What did he do to me when I was passed out? I shake, only picturing what could have happened. The rooms stale air made me sick. There was no windows and no light besides a single hanging bulb from the ceiling and some light streaming through the bottom of the door. The corners of the room remained dark and there was no way I was going to explore what waited for me there. The room also held a foul smell that made me believe this is a place were souls came to die. I too felt my soul leave me. I wouldn't blame her. I was far from the soft skies and trees. 

You never know what you got until it's gone.

How cliche of me to say. But then again. You never know the true meaning of a saying until you experience it for yourself. My father used to tell me that whenever I would complain about my life. 

You never know.

I never knew that I would be where I am now. How could I have possibly known about this a year ago. Hell, when I was little. 

I stare to the floor as a sudden flashback began to roll its tape in my head. 

Eighth grade. God, what a year. When everyone begins to realize the worlds problems and gets pulled down from their childhood views. And only lord knows what high school would end up like for each student.

"Could anyone come up to the board and solve these problems? Allie?"

Rumors said Allison Baker was Masons cousin. She had transferred that year and had never talked about him. She was soft spoken but held so much manners. Everyone knew deep down she was also holding something else. No one ever asked. No one wanted to know.