Chapter 17 - drugs

These chemicals flowing through my veins have made it all the way to my brain
And now I can't see because I've been blinded
Toxins cloud my eyes and curtain my vision
I swear for a moment I saw a tint of blue
And somehow the color shook my soul
Yet when my eyelids shut for a brief second it was lost in a poisonous dust storm

Insane. Would I want to be one? One of the Insane's? Mr. Harrison's eyes were still on mine as his words sunk into my skull.

Maybe. Maybe I would-.

God. What the hell am I thinking? Of course not. I do not want to become a monster. I do not want to harm others like they had done to me. No. I can't.

In front of me, Mr. Harrison held out his hand, shaking me from thought.

"Let us proceed. I do hope you take all of this in well."

Shaking my head, I take his hand, feeling him grip slightly. It sent a slight rush from my hand to my arm.

"Oh and, Miss (Y/L/N), you can call me Dolsen if you wish."

"Dolsen?"

"Ah yes. That is my name. Got it from my old man," his smile slightly twitched on his face,"It means madman. But that's a story for another time. Let us go get food before that shot gets to you, shall we?"

With that, he goes silent, leading us into the hallway and to the cafeteria. In the quiet walk there I look down to his hand in mine. I could feel the fear melting away. Strange enough, all of the bad he had done didn't seem as frightening anymore with every passing minute. And as scary as he could be, I wasn't as afraid.

Getting to the door, my curiosity built about his father. I turn to press on about his mysterious manner but his face said it all: He wasn't going to speak one word.

Opening the door, he let me in first, following behind. He smiled suddenly and looked around a moment.

"Isn't it beautiful what the mind can do?"

"Excuse me?"

He directs his smile towards me as we take a seat across from one another in a tainted cafeteria from my childhood.

"I mean, you are missing some pieces," he says, looking to some dark areas of the room,"But wow. It took me months to even create a room like this."

"...What do you mean?"

He chuckles a little, looking to his hands. Stepping out from a back door, Henry appears.

"How about we give you a nice Project 15 meal this time, ey?"

I remain silent as I look from him to Henry. All I could think of was Henry's possible death, how he ended up here, and how painful it must have been. Dolsen must have been involved. After all, he did say he was the head of the department. Was his body copied through DNA? Or perhaps that is his original dead body, walking along the floor, going against all the rights of nature.

"I think she will take it, dear friend."

With Henry walking back through his door, it left us in silence for a brief moment.

"I was just informed through our communication systems," he points his head,"I guess I am going to become your second mentor for our 'Insane' journey, the first being Mr. Warfstache. In fact, I'll be one of your professors. Professor Harrison," he grins,"I like that. It has a nice ring to it."

I feel my cheeks flush slightly as I begin to play with my already bruising fingers.

"Now. I know there must be a burning question on how you ended up in a room like this. Displaced in a world you have never seen before."