Chapter 15 - Exposed

Numb my pain until the sky has fiery flames
Numb my nerves until the grass has icy oceans
Till my hands grow hazy
Till my steps become lazy
I want to be in slow motion
I want to lose all of my emotion

It was dark. It was cold. 

I couldn't see anything and it scared me.

I reach out to feel through the darkness but my arms don't move. Without warning, a rush of pain from my brain stings my whole body. Inhaling sharply, I try again, bitterly cold air sliding down my throat. The pain was unbearable. I couldn't even process a thought. My body became a machine in motion with nothing to direct it.

Reach.

My fingers were telling me that I have to. My arms were demanding to be stretched. But the commands don't follow through and I find myself still. Motionless.

Reach.

I couldn't even ask myself why I wanted to. How could I when I can't even process the smallest of things.

A sound escapes from me. A whimper- a desperate tone I have never managed to make before in my life- falls out of my mouth. I didn't know where it came from. I didn't know why I made it. All I knew was it felt good to make the sound. As if it was a way to voice my distress, my misery. So I whimper again. And again. My body, slowly beginning to sense the pain around me, began to feel the general aches of my body. It felt the fresh bruises on my forehead. On my chest. I could taste dried blood from either my lip or my nose. I could feel my fingers twitching and my head rolling.

A new sound began to surface as well. A high ringing noise that wasn't there before. It seemed to come from my brain. As if a wire had been disconnected from damage and is spraying sparks around rapidly, making its fault clear. Suddenly my hand clutches itself and the agony beats down on my poor, weak body. It all felt like I was taking an acid shower. I take a shaky breath and find myself moving to a sitting position. All in slow motion. All in a haze. I whimper again.

"You want to die."

The voice sounded so distant from me but I knew it was him. Even my body grew sick to his voice.

"That was what I was told from Mr. Harrison."

In the blur, my eyes suddenly focus on a figure in front of me that I hadn't noticed before. Insanity.

He was crouching before me. His arms placed casually on his lap. He was looking right through me. His right hand, now wrapped with a white bandage, was placed over his other. What had happened washes over me and I remember it all over again. A shiver runs through me.

"Unless...He lied to me."

"N-No."

It was the only words I could stutter out of my frail lungs. Something tells me the kick to the head wasn't his last blow to my body.

He lets out a quiet chuckle and shakes his head.

"You are meant for great things, (Y/N). You have every right to be happy right now. You are gifted. You are special. But you are throwing it all away."