Chapter 5: Regret

Y/N'S POV

  As Diana and I walked behind Steve, I felt like we were being watched. Sure, there were people minding their own business, but there was something bothering me on the inside about the men who looked as if they were trying to stay hidden.

  I walked up beside Steve before I said,"Umm..Steve?"

  Steve turned to look back at me as he said,"Yes?"

  I noticed the men heading in our direction before Steve grabbed our arms. He led us back into an alleyway, then he stood in front of us.

  I asked him,"Steve, what's going on?"

  Diana said,"Y/N, stay quiet."

  I closed my mouth, and Diana took my hand, which made me feel a little bit better. I know that it made me seem like a child, but I really was afraid and confused as to why Steve just made us stand in this dark and closed off alley.

  I heard a clicking noise coming from the opposite side of Steve, Diana, and me before I turned to see a man pointing a weapon at us.

  Steve kept his arm in front of Diana and me while the man said,"Captain Trevor. I believe that you have something that is the property of General Ludendorff."

  I saw more men coming from the opposite openings or corners of the alley, and Steve said,"Ah, it's the, uh, bad guy convention."

  The man that was shorter than Steve but holding the weapon in his hand pointed it at Steve as he said,"Give us Dr. Maru's notebook."

  Steve put his hands over his pockets as he said,"Where did I put that thing?"

  Steve headbutted the man, and he fell back before Steve pushed Diana and me back, adding in,"Stand back!!"

  As one of the men tried to shoot Steve, Diana blocked Steve from getting shot.

  Steve looked over at Diana as he said,"Or maybe not."

  Diana started to fight the men immediately while I sort of contemplated whether I was strong enough to do anything.

  Steve looked over at me before he said,"Princess, I'm sure that you have something up your sleeve, right?"

  Diana yelled,"HERE, Y/N!!"

  I was confused as to what Diana meant until she moved out of the way, and one of the men ran towards me. I punched him across the face and pushed him into the wall before Diana sent another my way.
  He tried to hit me, but I blocked his hit, and Diana used her lasso to make him lose his balance. I turned to see Etta with Diana's sword.

  I spotted Steve gazing at me, but he turned away when I looked at him.

  Diana bent down over the man as she said,"I'm sorry, but you are clearly under his control."

  Steve said,"Diana..."

  Diana said sincerely,"Let me help you get free. Where will I find Ares?"

  The man looked like he was running out of oxygen before Diana got up as she said,"He's... He's dead."

  Everyone just looked down at the man before Steve said,"Okay. Let's go."

  I looked around the alley, and Diana asked me,"Y/N, are you all right?"

  I nodded, and then I sent her my best smile before I said,"I'm fine. I'm fine."

  Steve said,"Diana, why don't you walk with Etta? Make sure that she doesn't hurt herself with that sword."