Chapter 20: Epilogue

Y/N'S POV

  I sat back in my chair as I looked at the picture that Steve and I had taken together when we had our first "date," as Steve liked to call it. I had a hard time understanding the whole concept, but Steve said that it was a way to get closer to the person that you cared about, basically.
  I smiled at the picture, but then I became focused on the photo that Steve, Sameer, The Chief, Charlie, me, and... Diana had taken together so long ago.

  Tears formed in my eyes because I already had a hard time sleeping. Yet, after all this time, it felt like it was just yesterday when I...

  "Y/N, you all right?"

  I double blinked, and a friend or acquaintance of mine, Bruce Wayne, walked into my tiny office.

  He said,"I take it that you got my email?"

  I nodded before I answered,"I did. Thank you for sending that to me. What are you doing here?"

  Honestly, I had no idea why he came here to see me. Why now? What was so important?

  Bruce walked over to my side of the desk before he said,"I know who you are, Y/N, and I'm here because I need your help."

  I cleared my throat before I said,"Yeah, I'm just Y/N Prince. Daughter of the Amazonian Queen, Hippolyta. I spend my time here making sure that these artifacts are well preserved."

  Bruce chuckled and sent me a look before he gently pushed my chair out of the way. He leaned over me and typed in something on my keyboard before he brought up feed of me fighting Ares a long time ago.

  I looked away, and Bruce put his hand over mine as he said,"I know that I'm asking much from you, but I can't do this alone."

  I asked Bruce,"Do what alone?"

  Bruce sighed before he said,"Come with me. I can't show you unless you come with me. Y/N, you can trust me."

  I got up and then followed Bruce out of my office before I said,"Bruce, I can't just leave work. I don't get off till 7, and I haven't even told Mother that-"

  Bruce stopped walking before he stopped me, too, by saying,"You haven't told her what? You never went back to Themyscira, did you?"

  I sighed, and then I admitted to him,"No. I told Steve that I would stay for one day and then go back home, but it just... didn't work out that way. What is it that you have to show me?"

  Bruce motioned for me to get into his car, and then I got in. He drove for what seemed like an eternity until the car came to a stop.

  I got out of the car before I asked Bruce,"Where are we?"

  Bruce answered,"This is the Batcave."

  I turned and then looked around in awe before I said,"You're him. You're Batman?"

  Bruce nodded before he answered,"Yes, I'm Batman. Changes things, huh?"

  I nodded before I answered,"Yeah, it does. I was sure that all those stories about Bruce Wayne having another life were insane. Now, it makes sense. Why show me this? Why risk me knowing?"

  Bruce walked over to a large computer before he pressed a button. Then, old footage of Diana doing what she did best came across the screen.

  I smiled just being able to see her again, and Bruce said,"I risk it because of people like your sister. Heroes, Y/N. I need heroes. I need women or men just like her to stand up with me and stop what's coming."

  I nodded before I said,"It's been a while since I've been out, Bruce. The world has changed a lot since when Diana and I first arrived here with Steve. I promised her that I would protect those that I care about, so what next?"

  Bruce crossed his arms, but then he smirked before he said,"We find and put together the rest of the team. They may be a little rough here and there, but we'll do it together. You in?"

  I said,"I'm in."

   TO BE CONTINUED...