Chapter 22: Kidnapped

CHAPTER 22 - KIDNAPPED

Tyler's POV

Somehow, I slept through the whole night and woke up refreshed with a ten gallon full bladder. For the first time during this whole stay, I didn't wake up n a pool of my own sweat. Was it really as easy as putting my faith into a stuff animal?

Even with that said, I still didn't feel like myself. It was like some of the light was taken away, and I had to learn to look forward to life again. Should I even feel this amount of disdain? Still feeling that my traumatic event was a grain of sand in the troubles people all over the world felt, I couldn't grieve properly. Should there be grieving without death?

"I was going to wake you up, but you looked so darn peaceful." Rick, my uncle on my father side, said as I left the bathroom.

I didn't even notice him when I ran in there to empty my tank. "Not to say I'm not happy to see you, but where's my mom?" I hugged him, it had been a while since I've seen him.

"She had work, but believe me, she has an intense dinner planned tonight."

Rick is my dad's only sibling. After dad died, he kept his distance but we still talked time to time. We texted around holidays, and he always sent the best gifts on Christmas. He was a pretty cool uncle, but without dad connecting him to my mom, he never really visited much. They never saw eye to eye.

Translation: they fought like cats and dogs.

"I assumed you would be busier than her." I forgot what he did but it was important enough that he had to wear expensive looking suits to work. He was more technical and dad was artistic, but they both loved to travel.

I'm surprised mom wasn't here. I knew things ended harsh between us yesterday, but I was finally leaving the hospital. Didn't she still get obsessive over my health?

"Well, I'm afraid your mother has ulterior motives." He sighed.

"And what are they?"

"She told me you have a boyfriend." He looked at me seriously.

"And you're supposed to tell me that I turned my back on God or something?" I scoffed.

"She wanted me to tell you about how hard it is to live as gay man, and all the injustices you'll face."

"And why would you know anything about that?" I crossed my arms.

"Because I'm living as a gay man." He gestured towards the bed. "Have a seat."

"Gay? Why am I always the last to know about these things?" I shook my head. Did they think I was just some judgmental prick? I'm pretty much down with everything.

"Your mother made me keep it from you because she thought it would negatively influence you. Now that I'm able to tell you with her blessing, I would also like to add how much I don't like her." He let out a deep breath. "That felt good. She can be very mean."

"Did dad know?" A part of me wonder how he felt about homosexuality, and if he would be ashamed of me.

"Your dad was the best brother I could've asked for. I told him when he was in high school and I was in middle school, and he never treated me any different. You're a good kid, Tyler. He would be so proud of the man you're becoming."

"You sure? I am being discharged for alcohol poisoning." I joked, cutting off the gushy feelings. It was becoming a little too sentimental.

"Speaking of that, what happened?"

I felt like I would break under his stare. "I should probably get changed."

"Tyler Eliza"-

"Yeah, yeah, yeah!" I cut him off, not needing to be reminded of my dreadful middle name. "I was tricked into drinking something that was practically pure alcohol. No big deal."