Chapter 4: Pom Poms

CHAPTER FOUR: POM POMS

[Pic of Ross Evans]

Vanessa's POV

My brother was so ungrateful. He left to go to school early, leaving me to find my way around alone. He didn't even think about showing me around or even pointing me in the direction of the main office. He was such a douche that it made me want to smash his head into a wall!

Calm down Vanessa, remember to count. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6...

My anger management counselor's voice echoed in my head, reminding me that I had to control myself.

I took a deep breath and released, stepping into the grand peach high school. The hallways were sided with black and orange lockers, taking the whole tiger mascot thing way too far. This was my senior year and still, my parents thought it would be cool if they moved me hours away from my friends.

Okay, I had no friends but what if I did!? I bet they would be devastated.

My lack of control and borderline crazy attitude really repelled people. And it sure didn't help when I was sixty pounds heavier. This time it was going to be different. These people didn't know about the time I hung a boy on the flag pole because he said I was fat. I lost the weight from kick-boxing and even cut my hair into one of those chic shoulder length bobs to give me an edgy vibe.

All I had to do was be nice. That didn't seem too hard.

I saw this bleach blonde boy loading his locker, not busy with talking to other people. Maybe he could help me.

Don't scare the boy, just ask him for help.

"Excuse me." I said as I walked over to him.

"Yes?" he replied, closing his locker and meeting my eyes. The blue eyed boy was a few inches taller than me with a cocky smile on his cute face. His skin was pale, making the black spider bite lip rings on his pink lips stand out more.

"If it's not a bother, do you think you could show me where the main office is?" I smiled back, squeezing on the strap of my fringe side bag. "I'm new and"-

"Follow me." He tossed his head down the hall and I trailed close behind.

"So, where ya' coming from?" he asked after a moment of silence and footsteps. Even though the hall was filled with loud kids, all my ears were focused on was him. He just had a certain pull to him.

"Orlando." I answered. He turned into a new hall with less kids hanging around and continued down.

"Oh, I've been there. I have an uncle who lives there."

"Cool." I nodded, trying to keep up with his fast pace. "So, what's your name?"

"Ross Evans. You?"

"Vanessa Ladera."

"Ladera... You're related to Zack?"

Oh gosh, of course everyone already knew him already. Making friends came easy for him while I had to struggle through it like I was watching an episode of The Bachelor. "Yeah, he's my little brother. Are you a junior too?"

"No. He's just in my art class. I'm a senior."

"Me too." I noticed that we'd been walking for a long time. How big was this school and where the heck was the administration office? "I don't mean to sound like a six year old but are we there yet?"

He chuckled. "Yeah."

He stopped at a door and pointed for me to enter. The window on it was covered so I couldn't see inside. I was pretty sure the main office was supposed to have its own building.