Chapter 8: Drunk Confessions

CHAPTER EIGHT: DRUNK CONFESSIONS

(Note from author y’all: so this will be a dual chapter which means you’ll be seeing two points of view. I didn’t want to do this but I have to keep the sequence going without being out of order and I don’t want to post a short chapter. This might happen again, I don’t know, I’m not psychic. It would be cool if I was though… then I would be able to match with Tyler all the time! Okay, I’m digressing. Please enjoy and comment your thoughts, you’re all awesome people no matter what Gina says about you guys.)

Vanessa’s POV

Where the fuck was Zack’s Academy Award because that boy always delivered on drama. He acted like he hurt me with his words. The only thing that hurt was the year I lost out on being popular. The boy told the whole student body I was gay!

No wonder that Goth chick was always trying to talk to me…

He practically sprayed me with boy repellant.

Our old school was pretty small and was private so all the kids were snotty uptight rich kids. Yeah, my family was doing pretty great but I didn’t walk like there was a stick up my ass. My dad was an accountant for some of the biggest names in… heck I don’t know. I usually zone out when he talks about work. The man would find any reason to talk about math.

Back to more important topics, I was going to find a way to get back at my brother. With any chance I got, I was going to make sure Tyler opened his eyes and saw how much of a douche my brother was. Speaking of Tyler, how dare he talk about what type of sister I was?! He had no idea what type of brother Zack was. Dying my hair green was one of his less lethal plans.

One time he locked me in my room while mom and dad were at work. He left to go to school and acted like everything was fine while I was starving in my room left with only two bags of cheddar powdered popcorn for eight hours. You might ask how did he lock me in my room and I did too until he told me how. The boy reversed my door knob. You would think he would be able to change his own tire, but no. Instead he learned how to reverse door knobs.

Again, I was the victim. I—

Really, somebody wanted to knock on the door while I was ranting to myself? The nerve of some people!

Sighing, I yanked the door open, not expecting to find Evans in front of it. Afraid of him seeing my hair, I slammed the door shut. Did he see it already? Oh shit, he probably thought I was some evil spawn of Shrek and a leprechaun. (I don’t care if they were redheads, when you think green, you think leprechauns.)

“Nessie?” I heard him call through the door.

Shit, he was still there.

C’mon! Nessie didn’t hide; she stood with confidence even if her hair was green. She would rock it.

I sighed again, trying to build up some courage to open the door, especially after I slammed it in his face.

Grasping the brass knob in my hand, I twisted it open and pulled it back. “Evan!” I smiled. “How do you know where I live?”

“You texted it to me. Ya’know, before you canceled out on me. When you said you were a little green, I didn’t know you were talking about your hair.” He chuckled.

“Well, my brother thought it would be funny to put dye in my shampoo.”

“It’s not that bad. A lot of girls dye their hair crazy colors.”

“Do I look like a Nicki Minaj wannabe to you? My hair was not meant to be green.” So much for rocking it with confidence.

“You still look hot.” He smiled. “You know what? I’ll join you to show you that it’s no biggie.”