Chapter 3

Shout out to sana-x for the cover!

Chapter 3

       The MTAs were here, and I knew things were going to get crazy. Aviva, Junior, and I were out of the spotlight for quite some time, and it was our first time going somewhere huge. Not only that, but it was going to be the first time we were performing.

       Things already started getting crazy at the beginning where paparazzi were taking pictures on the red carpet. All the celebrities invited were allowed to bring a plus one if they wanted, so Junior decided to bring Phoebe with him. Even after the band broke up, he never publicly outed his relationship, but he wanted to do it now.

       Aviva and I showed up at a separate time from Junior and Phoebe, and a lot of people were trying to ask us questions.

       "Have you had any contact with any other members of the band since you broke up?"

       "Are all ex-Major Vocal members performing, or only some?"

       "Are there any negative feelings between any of the band?"

       "Are you two dating yet?"

       I honestly wanted to reply to the last question, but we didn't want to come out with our relationship quite yet. Things were still crazy with the band being broken up. The paparazzi wanted to capture all moments of Major Vocal's life post-break up, and they would hound us even more if they found out Aviva and I were dating.

       So we didn't reply to any of the questions. It was kind of difficult anyway with multiple people asking at the same time.

       When we got inside the venue, we were escorted to our seats. As it got closer to the awards, I started scanning the seats. I spotted both Otis and Ricky, sitting away from each other. I was surprised they weren't assigned to sit near us like Junior and Phoebe were.

       They probably requested to sit away from us since they didn't even want to perform with us tonight.

       We were scheduled to perform halfway through the awards, and shortly before that time was to come, an escort came to lead us backstage. Phoebe kissed Junior's cheek before we got up, then wished us all good luck.

       Aviva and I knew Phoebe when we were in high school and honestly, she was perfect for Junior. Junior was mainly a quiet kid, and Phoebe was one of the sweetest people ever. She would never push him to do something he wasn't comfortable with, and she also understood how much music meant to him. She was never mad when they made plans, but he had to cancel because of something about the band.

       "You know, if there was an award for Male Foodie, I would win that," I said as we got our ear pieces on.

       "Why would there be an award for that?" Junior asked.