Chapter 25 | Final Chapter

Chapter 25

       "You know, it's bad to just stand in front of a microwave while it's heating up food," Ricky said as I was crouching in front of the microwave, setting my arms on the counter in front of the microwave as I rested my chin on my arms.

       "False," I said. "That's just a myth. It's not dangerous to stand in front of it."

       "Says who?"

       "Science."

       "Okay, but the more you just watch your food cook, the longer it actually takes."

       "False again. Time doesn't magically slow down if your watching your food. I can see the timer. It's counting down at its normal speed."

       "Okay, but..."

       I cut off Ricky with a sigh. "Can you be anymore annoying?"

       "Actually, yes, I can," Ricky said. "Want to see how?"

       "Seriously, just go away," I said. "I'm trying to watch my popcorn cook in peace and I would rather not have anyone talk to me right now, thank you very much."

       "I can see that," Ricky said. "You haven't really talked to any of us the past couple days. Did we do something wrong or...?"

       "Of course you guys didn't," I said. "Trust me, I would let you know if that was the case. I make my hatred for people or for things people do pretty vocal."

       "So... What is it?" Ricky asked.

       "You know, everyone keeps asking me that and I still don't have an answer," I said. "So I would appreciate it if everyone would just, you know, stop asking me the same question every single day. I don't know what's going on and I can't give you guys an answer."

       "Maybe you should go see a doctor or something," Ricky said.

       I turned to look at him, my eyebrows furrowed. "Why would I go do that?"

       "Because doctors are pretty good at figuring things out that we can't find the answer to," Ricky said.

       "Well, I feel fine so I don't need a doctor," I said as the microwave beeped. I took the popcorn out of the microwave and set it on the counter as I began searching through the seasonings to find one I could put on my popcorn this time.

       "Just because you feel physically fine, it doesn't mean you are actually fine," Ricky said. "You know, if I have to, I will schedule an appointment for you and drive you to the doctor's myself."

       I snorted. "Why are you acting like the dad friend all of a sudden?"

       "Uh, probably because I am the dad friend," Ricky said. "Literally the dad friend. I have a son, therefore I am a dad. And I'm serious. I will force you to the doctor's if I have to."

       "Ricky, I am fine," I said. "I don't have to go to the doctor's. Like I told Alistair a few days ago, I'm probably just burned out after how fast everything has been moving with Major Vocal recently. We got back together, had to deal with Ugh-atha, and finally got a new management and now we're working on our new album. I've just been stressed and drained creatively."

       "Being drained creatively wouldn't cause you to act the complete opposite of yourself," Ricky said. "You were drained once during our first album writing and you still ate all the time and rarely slept in. Now, you barely it and you're always in your bed."