Chapter 1-Getting Home from Canada

Colleen P.O.V
     I just landed at L.A.X and got off of the plane from Vancouver. I got the bags I checked and went to find Rachel. A conversation I had yesterday on the phone with Josh was weighing heavy on me, and I couldn't wait to see my sister. I was vlogging and people were staring at me, but to be honest I didn't care.

Rachel's P.O.V
     When I picked Colleen up at L.A.X today she seemed kinda upset.  I asked her what was wrong when we sat down sat down to eat lunch at a chipotle in the airport, but she insisted she was happy to be home and just tired and crampy because she was about to start her period.  I knew better.  I knew something was bothering her, but I also knew that she was not about to tell me right then and there, so I decided to wait until we got in the car.  When we were done eating, we got up and walked out of the airport and into the parking lot.  I had to park about a million miles away because there were so many people there today.  I helped Colleen put her suitcases in the trunk then we both got in the car.  Before I even started the car, Colleen broke down and started crying.  Surprised, I looked over at her and said, "Aww, Colleen, what's wrong?"

Colleen's P.O.V
As soon as I got in the car with Rachel I started crying. When she asked me what was wrong the whole story spilled out: I said, "Rach you have no.o..o idea how happy...appy I am to see you.  Yesterday, when I was finishing up in the editing office, Josh called me.  I didn't answer because we weren't done yet, and I was trying to finish up as fast as possible so I could go home and pack.  But then Josh called me again so I sighed and excused myself into the hallway.  When I answered, Josh was really upset because apparently I had accidentally told him that I was coming home yesterday and not today.  Like, Rachel, he was mad.  He was saying how he never sees me anymore and when I do finally get out of the office I'm too tired to talk on the phone anyway.  I tried to explain that I wanted to come home as much as he wanted me to, but I also love what I doing.  By that point both of us were crying.  I knew I probably looked like a hot mess and still needed to go finish up, so I reluctantly apologized, and that seemed sufficient for Josh. We both said "I love you" and I hung up. It seemed like Josh was perfectly fine with making up then, but I wasn't. I didn't do anything wrong. Rach, I loved being up here in Canada and to be honest, I didn't really miss much but you. I had Chris and Jess and the kids. When I hung up I went in the bathroom, pulled my hair up, and leaned against the sink. I really thought I was going to throw up. I had been crying so much and this isn't the first time Josh has said something about me being gone all the time, so I felt so sick to my stomach. I just splashed cold water on my face and neck, went back into the hall area and got a drink of water, and calmly walked back into the office. I knew my eyes were all swollen and my face was red. Nobody said anything except Chris. He just asked me if I was okay and of course I lied and said I was and of course he didn't believe me. When we walked back I knew I wouldn't ask me about it though because he probably just thought I was on my period or something, but I was worried he would tell Jess. She didn't text or call me so I guess he didn't.

Rachel's P.O.V
I waited for Colleen to get done telling her story then I said "Oh Colleen. You should have called me last night. You know you can always talk to me."
She said through tears, "I know, but I wanted to think about it first. I knew I would be home today, and I didn't want you to worry about me. Do you think it's my fault Josh got mad?"
I said, "Colleen absolutely not! You are doing what you love and there's nothing wrong with that. Josh made the decision to not go to Canada with you, and that's fine, but he shouldn't complain about not seeing you when he could have come with you."
     Colleen said, "I know Rach, but I just feel guilty.  It's true I'm never home.  I'm literally leaving tomorrow night with Mom and Kory."
     I said, "Yes, but who's choosing not to go with you?  Josh.  You should pull yourself together. We're almost to LA. Do you wanna go home or do you wanna come to my apartment?"
     Colleen replied, "I need to go home.  I have so much to do; I have to pack, make props, and rehearse the show.  Plus I really should spend a  with Josh.  Ugh, I'm so tired I just wanna sleep. I know Josh is gonna want to...oh what are all the cool kids saying these days?...oh yeah...Netflix and Chill. I know Josh is gonna want to Netflix and chill but I literally want to watch Netflix and like, go to bed."
"Ohmygod Colleen. Twelve year olds say Netflix and chill. Please do the world a favor and never say that phrase again," I said laughing.
"Okay fine! Josh is going to want to HAVE SEX. Are you happy now Rachel? That's right, I just told you that my husband wants to have sex with me," Colleen said laughing too.
     At that point Colleen and I were both cracking up.  At least she was smiling again.

Colleen's P.O.V
      Rachel pulled into my driveway just as we got done discussing my sex life.  She got out of the car and helped me with my bags.  I told her that I didn't need her to stay since I had so much work to do before tour.  I gave Rachel a huge hug and she picked me up.  She whispered into my ear, "Call me tonight."
     I agreed and kissed her cheek. I walked to the front door with all my bags.  I opened the door and Josh must have been upstairs editing.  I said, "Baby?  Where are you?"
     Josh ran down the stairs and said "Oh my gosh Colleen!  I love you so much!  I'm so glad you're home!"
He touched my face with one hand and pulled my hair a little with the other.  He started making out with me. I kissed him back, and then I started to pull away. He looked at me with a smile and said, "I'm just happy you're home, baby."
I said, "Me too."
Josh's P.O.V,
     Colleen is home today for the first time in almost a month. I was going to pick her up from the airport, but she texted me and said Rachel was going to get her. Go figure. Whatever. I cleaned up the house and waited for Colleen. She got home around 1:30 in the afternoon. When she walked in I heard her call me. I ran down the steps and told her how much I've missed her. It really has been hard with Colleen gone all the time. I really wish she would just set aside time for US. But at this moment all I wanted was her.