Chapter 2: A New Begginning

A/N – Sorry about the bad/sad beginning… Had writers block … But it will all make sense in the end of the chapter. I will try to make this chapter a little bigger! Please comment to give ideas/critism/or any other comments. Thank you!

                                                                                                              riosummer xx

P.S. – I’m sorry but One Direction will only really appear in the fourth chapter. Sorry D: It’s just because I have to explain some things before… Sorry 

Megan’s POV

~In 2012~

The phone was ringing loudly. It was 5 o’clock in the afternoon and it was a horrible day in Wolverhampton.  The sun didn’t show up at anytime of the day and it seemed as if it wasn’t going to show up any later. I was feeling horrible, seeming as if Wolverhampton and I were matching. I didn’t want to pick up the phone. I just wanted to lie down in my bed surrounded by my One Direction posters and photos.

“Megan! The phone’s for you. Gonna pass it to your bedroom.” My mom, Katy, shouted from the end of the stairs. She was watching T.V. while eating Mac n’ cheese, her favorite.

I picked up the phone.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Hey, Megan. This is James. You know, the boy who sits next to you in chemistry?” James said told me.

“Hey James. Why did you call me? I mean, we never actually talked. Only when Ms. Taylor asked us to be partners in the mineral lab.” I remarked.

“I know. It’s just that I wanted to say sorry. You must be feeling very bad.” James said as if it was the normalness thing to do.

“Say sorry for what?” I asked a little confused. What did James know about me and why was he feeling sorry?

“You know… I know about what is going on with your family… Your dad, the car accident… I’m sorry for everything you are passing through.” James stated.

“Oh.” That was all I managed to say; I was broken inside. A few hours ago we received a phone call from San Francisco. My grandma called us crying. She told us that my dad had just suffered from a car accident in the Golden Gate Bridge.  He was talking on the phone with his girlfriend and he got distracted. He went on the other lane and there was this huge cement truck. The driver of the truck tried to drive past him but it was too late. They both crashed. My dad didn't really die, he just entered in a coma. We can't talk to him or anything but grandma keeps ups in touch. She tells us news almost everyday about daddy. I loved him so much that I can't stand to hear that he died. I just can't. 

"Megan? Are you there?" James asked. 

"Sorry. I just got distracted in my thoughts. What were you talking about again?" I answered him. 

"I was saying that next week the chemistry project is due. We are partners and he haven't even started it." He told me. 

"Oh yeah. Shit. Well, do you want to come here? I'm sorry, I'm just not in a condition of going out." I lamented.

"I totally understand you. My mom died last year and they were also divorced. I lived with her in Chicago but then I had to move here with my dad. So, I'll look up your address in the address book from school and then i'll give you a call..." James asserted.

"Sure James. Thanks for everything." I mentioned. 

I turned the phone off. I hopped out of my bed and turned the music up. It was a One Direction cd.