Introduction

Veronica Pryde is an up-and-coming actress who's just wrapped her first big movie. She's got the bright eyes and eagerness that overcomes every budding starlet. But it doesn't take long for the euphoria to fade, when she learns how abusive powerful men in Hollywood can be. At the hands of a well known producer and director, she is sexually assaulted, left in her hotel room, drunk, and feeling violated.

As much as Veronica tries to move past it, she becomes increasingly bitter and distances herself from everyone, a decision that impacts her relationships with her family, friends and husband. How long will it take for her to piece herself back together, to begin to trust again? How long will it take for her to speak up and fight back?

_________________

I was originally going to post this story a couple of months ago but took it down. Now I'm trying, for the first time in years, to do NaNoWriMo and this is the story I picked.

In the wake of all these Harvey Weinstein allegations I believed a story with a message like this needs to be said. It's not just in Hollywood that this happens. One in five women is sexually assaulted in her lifetime. It's us who constantly have to struggle with the fear of being assaulted and not feeling 'safe'. Having these women speaking up will hopefully take us a step forward but I'm not holding my breath.

I believe every single one who comes forward. It takes bravery to do so. And I stand with all of you. I'm fortunate that I've never had such an experience but there's definitely times I didn't feel safe or had men groping me in college when I frequented bars and clubs. Or hollering at me in a passing car. It's not okay.

I won't be posting this until November but I think it's important to get the word out. All women and all victims of assault (man and woman) need to stand together.

Rating: PG-13 [for Language, Violence, Drug Use and Sexuality]

No part of this story may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior permission of the author (myself). For permission requests, contact me via private message. All characters, places and situations presented in this story are 100% fictional. Any resemblance to real-life characters, places and/or situations is entirely coincidental.

Copyright © 2017 @postergirljulie | Wattpad