Chapter 2 Seam Life

Peeta POV

My name is Peeta Mellark. I was born and grew up in District 12's poorest part, the Seam. I live with my little sister Prim and my lifeless mother in an old broken down house. We barly have any food so I go hunting with my best friend Delly Cartwright. Its illigal as shit but we don't care. My father taught my how to hunt but he died in a mine explosion 4 years ago so I'm on my own with Prim. Delly taught me how to use snares and traps while I taught her how to shoot. This is how meeting one girl turned my life around forever.

I open my eyes and feel that Prim isn't at my side. She must of had a bad dream last night and crawled in with mom. I swing my legs out of bed and get up. I pull on some dark, blue jeans and a green t-shirt. My father's old hunting jacket and my hunting boots and comb my dark, brown hair than head out to the woods. I didn't meet Delly on the way there so she must already be there. I grab my hidden bow and arrows and head to the cliff overlooking the valley. I sit down and inhail the sent of the fresh, valley air. Then a twigs snaps behind me an I raise my bow.

"Calm down Peeta, jeez." Delly says walking towards me. I smile and we head out.

"So, you doing okay? How's Prim?" she asks and we set up some snares.

"Good, well, mom you know and Prim is really good." I say. Than we here some noises behind us. I turn and see a deer. I switly shoot it and it fall to the ground.

"Can you help me carry this back. We can split it." I say and Delly nods. Its not fully grown so we carry it back and too my house. 

"Peeta! How did you get this?!" my mother asks. We set it on the table and I take my jacket off.

"I shot it mom. Be happy." I say. She smiles and hugs Prim. Delly and I cut it in half and she heads home. We cook some of the deer than I wash up to go to bed. I pull some sweats on and lay down next to Prim.

"Peeta? Can we go to the bakery tomorrow? I've been saving some money." she says. I smile and kiss her forehead.

"Sure little duck, we can. We'll get up early." I say. With that I close my eyes and fall asleep,

NIGHTMARE

I'm outside of the mine just after the explosion. There's coal dust everywhere, alone with abulances and police cars. A lot of people are here as they carry out the bodies. I wait for my father to come out alive. They want to announce those who are dead.

"Walter, Martins, Soulmans, Cartwright, Mellark...." what?

I break down and cry my eyes out. My father, my beloved father is dead. My mother carries me back home and we sit in silence for almost a week. Than from nowhere the world explods aswell.

NIGHTMARE END

I jump and fall out of bed. I look around and see darkness. I calm myself down and lay back down just as Buttercup hopps up and snuggles up next to Prim. Stupid cat. I lay back down and close my eyes. Welcome to my Seam Life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, lame so I'm sorry.

Nikki :)