Chapter 18 Fun Day

Peeta POV

I've calmed down abit since Katniss cleared my head for me. I know I overreacted but I was worried. Another thing getting on my nerves is Gale. He keeps getting to close to Katniss and is hitting on her. Today he goes too far.

"Katniss? When so you work?" I ask from her bed. She walks in from the bathroom and shrugs. 

"3, I think." she says braiding her hair. 

"Kat, you love me. Right?" I ask making her gasp. She rushes over to me and sits on my lap.

"Peeta, I love you so much. Why are you asking that?" she asks. I sigh and frown.

"Because of Gale." I say. She chuckles and kisses my cheek.

"Gale won't get in the way of our relationship." she says. I nod and she stands up. "Lets go downstairs and I'll teach you how to bake." 

"Umm...I don't think that's a good idea. I'd burn the kitchen down." I say. She chuckles and takes my hand, pulling me out of bed.

"Lets go, everybody can learn." she says. We walk downstairs and she gives me an apron. "Hmm..." she looks at me. "My sexy baker."

"I'm telling you, I can't bake. I hunt. That's all I can do." I say. She smiles and shakes her head. "Katniss! Please!"

"Shut up! Listen to me and you'll learn." she says. I give up and she teaches me a few simple things that even I can do. But as it gets more difficult I screw up and we're covered in flour and chocolate.

"I'm so sorry." I say as we laugh. She nods and sits down. "I told you I can't bake."

"Yeah, you really can't learn. Just keep running around in the woods with a stick and a string attached to it." she says wiping the chocolate from her face. I frown and stand up.

"You just offended my beloved bow. I'll punish you for that." I say walking closer. She tries to run but I catch her and kiss her cheek, the taste of chocolate sticks to my lips.

"I'm sorry, your the best hunter in Panem and I'm sorry I hurt your bow's feelings." she says. I smile and give her a long kiss as Rye walks in.

"Ummm....is this some kind of new sweet sex game?" he asks making us jump. Katniss throws flour at him.

"No, this is the result of trying to teach Peeta how to bake chocolate rolls." she says. He nods and washes the flour from his face.

"Alright, Peeta is banned from the kitchen but he has to help us clean up before dad gets back." he says.

"Where is your dad all day?" I ask.

"He's helping our aunt in District 11." Katniss says. I nod and we clean the kitchen. This has been the best day since I got Katniss back. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know, the end sucked but I hope the rest was okay. 

Also, if anybody has any good ideas for the next chapter than leave a comment and I dedicate the next chapter to them.

Nikki :)