Chapter 19 Turning 17

Katniss POV

Light tickling wakes me up. I open my eyes and see Peeta, Ryan and Leven all smiling at me. I sit up abit.

"What?" I ask. He all laugh and Leven pulls me out of bed, throwing me over his shoulder "Come on guys! I'm tired!" 

"Come on Kat! What is today?" Rye asks. I think but nothing comes to my mind. 

"I don't know and put me down!" I say. They stop in the kitchen and I see a cake with green frosting. "Whats this?"

"Its your birthday!" all say. I smile and look down. 

"How could you forget?" Rye asks. I shrug and give all a hug and Peeta a long kiss. "You two can kiss tonight! Now blow out the candles." I turn and blow all 17 candles out.

"Presents." Peeta says. I sigh and we walk to the living room while Leven cuts the cake. I don't want any presents! We sit down and all hand me a small box.

"Because you told us you don't want anything big so we saved up and got you something together." Rye says. I smile and take the bax, opening it and seeing a small pin with a bird of some sort.

"Its a mockingjay." Peeta says. "It'll bring you luck." I smile and give them all hugs and Peeta a kiss. 

"Thank you so much. I love it." I say. They smile and Leven brings in the cake. "And cake for breakfast?"

"Yeah, don't complain!" Rye says. I nod and we all enjoy the cake before dad walks in.

"Happy birthday sweetie." he says giving me a hug and kiss. "17 years old. Soon you and your brothers will take over the bakery."

"Not too soon dad." I say. He smiles and gives me another hug. The rest of the day I spend with them until its bed time again. Peeta and I walk upstairs and into my room.

"Its time for my birthday present." he says walking towards me. I smile as he pushes me onto my bed and kisses my neck. I smile as he pulls my shirt off. The rest of the night is a blur but this has been, by far the best birthday in my life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know, short but I wnated a quick update. 

Nikki :)