-21-

I'm officially the worst updater in the world! And tomorrow is my last day off before i head back to the hell which is school, but i will always try my best to update quick

HANNAS P.O.V

Wanted to let you sleep- I've taken your mum to the hospital to see Ted. Meet us there? Or call me if you don't think you can drive. I Love you x

I sighed, looking at the time at the top of my screen- it was half past 8. Caleb had sent the text just over an hour ago so they must have left early. I stood up, and started to get ready for the day. I jumped in the shower quickly washing my hair and body as fast as I possibly could. When I was done, I threw my hair into a damp messy bun, and put on black leggings and a white knitted jumper. I grabbed my phone and headed to my mums car, as she'd gone in Calebs and drove to the hospital, eager to hear an update on my step dad.

//

"Hey." I smiled, entering the room finally where Ted was laid.

Caleb was stood next to mum as she held Ted's hand. Both of them looked up at me and my mum smiled "hi sweetie."

I looked up at Caleb, and he hugged me tightly "I'm sorry I didn't wake you."

"It's fine- I'm better now I've slept longer." I said, reluctantly pulling away, and moving to Ted's side "how is he?"

"The doctors said he's improving, and there was no further bleeding so I think he's going to be okay." My mum awnsered "he might be able to hear us, so I've just been speaking to him."

"I'm sure that's helping him." I said honestly, taking my mums hand and kissing her knuckle "He's going to be awake so soon."

"Hopefully." She remarked, not wanting to get her hopes to high.

"He will mum." I paused "really."

Truth is, I was scared. I'd been through enough in my life and loosing a father figure at the age of 21 was not how I wanted to continue it.

She sighed "I don't think I can sit here much longer, I'm going to go grab a coffee- will you keep him company?"

"We will." I promised, sitting down once she'd stood up and speaking in a hushed tone "hey Ted."

My mum kissed my head "do you want anything?"

I shook my head and I'm assuming Caleb did too as he didn't speak and the room door opened, then closed. I was only focused on the older man layed infront of me "some cards turned up at the house this morning, I'm guessing from people from the church wishing you well."

I sighed, turning to Caleb "I feel stupid talking to him like this."

"He might be able to hear you." Caleb reminded me "he'd want the company."

I turned back around "I didn't open the cards because I thought you'd want to when you get home." If you get home.

Caleb seemed to realise my pause, placing his hand gently on my shoulder "he's gonna come home Han."

"I don't know what else to say." I mumbled.

"Why don't you tell him a story, about when we were in Europe?"

I nodded "yeah, yeah I can do that."

"Right..." I turned back to Ted "when Caleb and I were in Rome, we saw this church- or was it a cathedral? I'm not sure, you'd know, you'll have to tell me when you wake up..."

"Caleb this building is absolutely beautiful!" I squeled "what's it called?"

"Basilica di San Clemente al Laterano." He said, his pronunciation probably well off.