(5) FIRST DAY J I T T E R S

Caroline's P.O.V

"Welcome to the circus ladies"

I shivered at the way he said that. Almost as if he knew a secret that we didn't know. I look up at the ringleader and give him a smile "Thank you, now what would you like us to do?" I asked.

Layla also muttered a greeting of sorts before asking the same.

The ringleader gave us his signature cynical smile " Today we are going to issue you two your uniform and show you the ropes"

We both nodded in sync before following him to the back lot. The back lot was split in two. It wasn't that difficult to figure out whose side was whose. On the right were huge lavish houses for whom I assumed were for the Accepted officials who ran the Circa. To the left, on the other hand, small trailer like homes were lined up and there was a vast majority all bundled up.

It looked uncomfortable but yet homey at the same time while the houses of the accepted were always beautiful yet empty. Layla and I continued to follow the ringleader towards an extravagant house. The house was two stories and was painted a nice cream color. Two stone pillars were on the side of the house holding up a massive balcony that was no doubt for the master bedroom.

I was in awe as I followed up the stone steps which led to the front door. Once there, he pushed a small button and a huge holograph displayed itself. He quickly typed in a password before a small beep went off. The door then opened and we followed him in.

I gasped in awe the house was equally just as beautiful inside as it was outside. The floors were a smooth marble tile and the walls were painted a nice beige color. Every object in the house was no doubt expensive.

"Hey, honey what are you doing home so early?" A woman's voice carried out through the empty house.

We all looked up to see a beautiful woman coming downstairs a young toddler in her arms.

The ringleader's wife I presumed. He gave a gentle smile. "These are the two girls I told you about"

The woman smiled as she came to stand in front of us. "Hi it's nice to meet you I'm Ana".

I smiled shaking her hand "nice to meet you I'm Caroline".

She smiled and proceeded to also shake Layla's hand.

"I'm guessing you two are in need of uniforms then ".

We both nodded as she gave us a smile. The young toddler who was now behind her started walking towards the ringleader.

He bent down and picked up his son. "Let's get you something to eat while mama gets these girls their uniforms" he coed to his son.

"Follow me " Ana said turning around and going upstairs. We followed after her silently. We got to a door which she opened and waved us in.

"Alrighty, so Layla I'm guessing you are gonna be a medium," Ana said as she began going through sizes. She finally found a medium and gave it to Layla telling her to change.

Then she turned her gaze over to me "hmmm you are a medium also". Rummaging through more uniforms she finally found one and told me to change.

I went into a small changing booth before I stripped and put on the uniform. It was basically a romper with black glittery shorts and a white top put together. It also came with a black coat tail and hat. Putting it on it fit me perfectly and was surprisingly comfortable.

Gathering my clothes I exited out of the booth with my uniform still on. I noticed Layla in a matching one just like mine.

"I thought the uniform was just a plain dress with the logo" I muttered.