(26) LOST

Caroline's P.O.V

I had never felt so drained. Every day, for weeks now, Marty and I would train tirelessly until I had all the moves down. Now that I had mastered that we began to actually assemble a performance routine. I am glad to say that the Ringleader actually looked pleased with my progress and had set a date for my opening night performance. 

To say I was nervous would be an understatement, I was downright anxiety-ridden. My nighttime terrors continued to progress as the nights went by. Thankfully Marty was always there to offer me some comfort but I still felt the draining affects it left in the morning. 

I sighed as I hung upside with my legs hooked securely to the red silks. Marty was standing close by as he observed me. He lifted his gaze to mine and gave me a grin which I reciprocated in excitement. It had taken me weeks to be able to comfortably lay upside down while hooked to the silks. I gracefully unhooked my legs and turned right side up, then I slowly lowered myself back onto the platform where Marty had been standing. 

Marty handed me a small cup of water which I greedily chugged down. When I finished, I disposed of the paper cup and looked at the note Marty was holding up, it read: Your new outfits are ready!

 Grinning, I excitedly exclaim "Can we go pick them up?!?!" 

Marty nodded and tilted his head in a manner that meant: let's go. We both quickly exited the training area and walked back towards the end of the backlot. Once we made it the familiar trailer we were instantly allowed in. 

"My apologies it took soo long my dear!" the elderly woman exclaimed as she led us through her trailer.

"No worries," I respond as I gaze around the trailer and see an abundance of colorful fabrics.

The woman smiles kindly at me and ushers me to her work station. On the table, by her sewing machine, sits a variety of different performance outfits all with unique designs and bright colors. The woman pulls out a sparkly red outfit with small glittering jewels lined along the edges. 

"It's beautiful, thank you," I say softly as I take the soft material in my hand.

She smiles and then hands me all the outfits saying, "It's my pleasure dear." 

Marty hands the woman a note which she reads and smiles. We then take our leave and head back home where I knew Stephen would be waiting for us with homemade food. Our walk is uneventful as we make our way to our trailer. Upon entering the entrancing smell of bread and soup is prominent. 

Walking further in, I spot Stephen hovered over the stove adding spices to the boiling soup and my stomach growls loudly. Stephen looked up at us and laughs, "Guess you're hungry huh?" 

My cheeks heat up as I mutter sheepishly "Yes." 

Marty and I begin setting the table as Stephen finishes up cooking the soup. He places a small basket of freshly made bread in the center of our small, round kitchen table. Within minutes he also places the pot of soup down by the bread and places a ladle in it. We all instantly dig into the food and have a few laughs when discussing today's events. Today was actually good and I hoped that more days like this would occur. 

Benjamin's P.O.V

It's been weeks. 

I don't know where she is, every day I drive myself insane thinking about all the possibilities. Layla hasn't been able to find any leads on her disappearance and since I'm an Unfortunate there is only so much I can do. 

"Ben?" a voice called out in the darkness of our trailer. 

"I'm here, Henry," I responded as I sat up from the couch, my thoughts momentarily slipped away.  Henry walked over to me and sat by me on the couch.

"Is everything okay Ben?" Henry asks with concern lacing his voice.

I sigh, "We haven't been able to find her."

Henry is silent for a minute and then he softly says "She is a fighter, I know that she is alive. She would not go down without a fight." 

I smile "We will find her, it's just a matter of when we will."

Henry nods and lays down on the couch next to me. Within minutes we drift off to sleep. My final thoughts: I will find you Care.

Elena's P.O.V 

Where is she?

My parents say she decided to go to a boarding school but I know better. My mother's Unfortunate, Bruno, is still around but he scares me. I've decided that I was gonna do some digging around, I know that my parents are lying to me. 

I lay in bed and wait. Every morning my parents leave to work and Bruno goes with them as their assistant so it will be a perfect time to leave the house. I patiently wait until I hear the sound of our front door opening and till I hear the sound of my father's hovercar come to life. Still, I wait another few minutes before I finally get out of bed and quickly get dressed. 

Opening my holo, I recheck the ad I had stumbled upon the other day. The hologram came to life as I clicked on it and big pink words came out. The advertisement read: New Circus Act! Come on down to Cirque De Insanity! 

I had a feeling deep down in the pit of my stomach, she has to be there. Otherwise, I won't know what to do with myself. I have excluded this information from everyone and I plan to be the one to find her. Once I am certain she is there, then we can run away together. 

Grabbing my sparkly purple bag I make my way out of the house and down to the tram station. I wait around for a few minutes until it finally comes around the corner. I quickly board the tram and sit in the furthest corner. Taking out my headphones I attach the circular stickers to my temple and music instantly fills my head. 

The screen above notes the next destination: Cirque De Insanity.

"I'm on my way Care." 

-M.O

Hello Peeps!

So this is more of a filler but don't fret the next chapter will have way more action! 

Do you think Elena will find her?

Will Elena inform the others of her theories?

Should we have more Benoline moments?

or Carty moments? 

Feedback is encouraged! till next time lovelies!

-Lily