Chapter 25 : Secret Of The Mark

Abe

Suddenly I got a cold chill, my nose twitched due to some pungent smell. I felt my body numb and, aching. My eyes pained as tried to open my eyelids slowly. It took a while to adjust with the light. I yawned like a cow as I slowly stretched my hands and got up from my bed of hay. " Huh, how did I end up here? ", I asked myself as I glanced around. " What is this place? ", I wondered, noticing the red grass outside, and strange looking creatures grazing.

I, then looked to see in front of me, only to discover six pairs of widened curious eyes looking intently at me. Before I could've even gasped, I was taken down to a hug by a woman I could hardly recognise. " Lady, get off! ", I pushed her away as I said. I don't know why but her touch seemed familiar, very familiar, so closed to my heart, my soul but I couldn't recall knowing her.

She was sobbing, tears were rolling down her red cheeks. I could say by her pale look with broadened eyes, that she was utterly shocked and heartbroken but I couldn't decipher why.

I didn't even know the other guys. An old man with long grey beard and piercing eyes, was observing my movements. A boy of my age holding a girl was sitting, and another couple was standing. " Who are.... ", hardly could I say when I felt a sudden pain in my back. " A-Ahhhhh ", I screamed and groaned as my back started burning like hell and I fell on my face.

Jane

I was too overwhelmed to either move or speak. I stood there numb, my stomach dropped and my heart pounding so hard that I was only waiting for my heart to give in and die, but suddenly I came back to my senses as my love screamed with a sudden pain. I rushed to him in split second, and held his divine face from crashing on the ground.

I noticed his shirt was now but ashes at the back. I removed those by my hand, but only to discover another parable. Abe's birthmark....it's changed....it's bigger and more curved than before. That's not the surprising part yet. My eyes widened with shock and my heart started pounding with fear as I noticed his mark blazing with fire....like magma. It was shining so bright that my eyes started to get blur.

" What the f*** happened to Abe? ", Ace shouted, throwing a glare at Davis. " It's just I feared ", Davis said melancholically, attracting my attention. My attention, now, was completely fixed on him. " Abe lost his memories along with his soul ". " I thought you said he never had it in the first place ", Julie spoke up suddenly. " Please don't interrupt ", he said with a crooked eyebrow, and then continued, " What I mean by it is....this may sound a bit confusing....but...Abe actually had one, not fully a soul, but the essence of it. He's immortal! Though he is human, but a spirit resides in him in place of his soul and as a result he cannot die. Before you throw me another question, let me remind you that I said he was gonna disappear, vaporise....not die. Dying for him means a loitering spirit, a soul beyond sight, touch and feeling. Angy's soul merged with his human essence and gave him the gift of soul...but that's not entirely accurate either...you see...Abe's human essence almost dried up during the battle. Angy's essence is merely keeping it alive until Abe's own soul rejuvenates. It means, when Abe will have acquired all the fragments of his power, his essence should transform into a living soul. "

" What do you mean by should? ", I ask valiantly. " Let me continue. You'll get your answers ", was the only thing he said before he continued again.

" Look at the mark ", he said casually and our eyes followed his to Abe's back. " It changed ", Ace says looking at him. " Yeah! Look closely ", Davis replied and we followed. Suddenly I noticed that the mark cooled down while we were busy listening to Davis. The mark had several blank spots, seven to be exact. Well....not all seven were blank. One was peculiarly glowing. " You mean the blank spots and the glowing one ", I rather stated than question. " Good eye ", he said. " Was that a compliment? ", I wondered.