Chapter 21 : The Dead Prince & The Maze

A/N : Pardon my late update. Enjoy!

Abe's POV :

" We're doomed, aren't we? ", Ace said blatantly and I nodded. " Yes, my children! You are ", the guy advanced towards us as he said with a sly and crook smile. " Back off! I yelled, feeling some sort of creepy energy waking inside of me. " Let's sort this out in the old fashioned way ", I said punching on my other palm, very much wanting a fight. " Come with me ", he said as he walked past us and vanished into the Northern wall? "

" What the hell was that? ", Jules asked terrified. " It's a portal ", said Angy. " Should we go? ", Jane asked me. I went through the wall, saying, " Let's find out what this place is ".

I wondered with my widened awe filled eyes as slowly the dazzle got cleared, and I, then discovered myself not in just any magical garden but one with no lack of wondrous beauty. Suddenly someone held my hand and I looked to discover Jane and the others.

The stupid monstrous King surprisingly changed his outlook into that of a handsome warrior in Royal clothes. " Who are you? ", Ace and I asked simultaneously. The next thing that I heard, made me unable to believe my ears, not for the fist time, I should add. " I am the Prince, the assumed dead one ", he said and we were like WHAT??????

Did I hear correct? " I, am, in fact, the original Prince. " " Then you were the one behind all the mischief all along ", I rather forced my opinion on him. " No! Whatever you heard was true, except for I, the Queen and my wife are alive. The monster is a Shaiateen, the devil's pawn. He killed my father, the king and captured the rest of us. He turned all the soldiers into daemons and took away the powers of my people.

It made a deal with me, a deal so shameful that I curse myself everyday for making it, but trust me, I had no other choice. ''

" What deal did you make? ", I asked half knowing what it might actually be, and turning my guess into reality, he said, " I had to stay in disguise and bring him sacrifices(people) as food everyday. " He sighed with disgust and looked away as he said that. " Well, all I can think is that it's just some stupid old story in 3D ", Jules said pretty carelessly.

I guess everyone knew what he was gonna say. He turned around and after a period of awkward silence, he said, " Your friend's life is in danger ". " What! ", we screamed with panic and Ace fainted. So much for the tough guy.

I rushed and held him before he could fall. " Where is that demon? Tell us! ", Angy asked with flaming eyes and reddened hair, that clearly depicted her state of mind. Okay, Angy's mad. Not good.

" I can show you but only the path, but you must promise me that no matter what, you'll make sure it dies. " " Done! ", I said looking through his eyes determined, craving to bring justice upon my friends and the innocent people of this place, especially the innocent children.

" Let me warn you.....this demon's greatest power is illusion. Do not fall for anything on the way, and you'll pass but, if you are able to reach him through the obstacles.....do not believe anything he says ", he said and we nodded. " Follow the trails ", was the last thing he said before he vanished right before our eyes. Just disappeared in the mist.

" What the! ", Colin whisper yelled and suddenly some bluish aura started to attract me. " I think we got our trails, guys. You heard the guy, now follow me ", I said as I followed the strange energy.

Never mind how much we actually walked but it freakin' seemed like days. In that mystical realm, there were no differences between day and night. Ace had recovered for quite a long time, but isolated himself in the back, voiceless and soulless. I haven't seen him like this since...since...no, that memory's nothing but a curse! Nevertheless, I hate it when he assumes this state. He doesn't even let me stay by his side, consoling him.