Chapter 7 : The Unfathomable Date

Abe

I woke up in my room and felt my bed beneath me and suddenly all the memories flashed back. I tried to open my eyes but only to get the itches. With some difficulty I finally succeeded but only to held before my eyes Eve, Jenny and my parents. They were all sitting beside me. All of them looked very tensed.

I tried to get up from my bed but in vain and only to get a affectionate hug from Mom. Ah . . . about time. It was after quite a long time I got a hug from Mom. " It's okay, darling. Take it easy ", Mom spoke soothingly.

" What happened? ", I asked in a hushed tone.

My head feels seized and my body is suddenly lighter. It's . . . like something trying to come out.

I noticed Mom and dad exchanging glances with Jenny but just kept quiet. " You're just tired, Abe! You should eat ", Eve proposed and everyone nodded.

Jenny and Mom left quickly to bring me food. About time. My stomach was groaning. I absolutely cannot tolerate hunger.

Dad came to sit beside me and I looked at him intently, curious with questions in my eyes. " Let the time come, son! You'll get to know everything . . and . . . more. Take rest now that's the only thing he said before he got up, kissed on my forehead and left.

Uh-oh! It's no good. Dad is so affectionate at only desperate times.

What did he mean by that? More? I wondered. " How did I end up here? I asked Eve taking her out from her day dreams.

" Angy and Jane brought you home a couple of days back . . ."

" What! A couple of days! "

" They said that your drink was spiked but Jane nullified its effect. Still the drug had a strong effect and you'd regain your consciousness most probably today.

They whispered in my ear that it's about the mark and you'd understand when I'd say this and . . . just left.

None of your friends could be reached from then. Jane just said that you'd know where to meet. "

Eve completed her speech in disappointment and worry on her sweet little face that I really despised.

" We searched a lot for your friends but. . . .they just disappeared!

" What! How should I know . . . ", I asked her surprised only increasing her worry. But then suddenly something cracked me that made me squeeze adrenaline.

" What day is today? "

" I-It's Friday. Why? "

" Then I do know where to meet after all. "

Eve got awkwardly curious. She still had worried brows but curiosity seemed to pop out of her face. I chuckled at her reaction and said, " I have a date with Jane " as I let a sigh pass my lips.

Eve's mood changed at my words and her mind got filled with ecstasy but not before she cocked her brow and had an episode of more worry.

She gave me a huge hug and rushed downstairs giggling. I, on the other hand, doubted that it was going to be a date . . at least like I planned. Something was amiss. Something very crucial is happening. The disappearances of my friends, the drug and the damn mark, all these are related somehow. The thoughts of these things simply stopped my heart. I was tensed to the core.

What could've happened to them? I thought to myself. God knows what possibilities I didn't think of on what happened to them managing only to scare the hell out of me.