Chapter 23 : The 1st Gem

Jane's POV : 

My love heroically ran towards him but alas! He stopped him in a flash, by holding his neck. My heart practically stopped beating. In no way, I could just sit there and watch my Abe die. An unknown restlessness took over my body. " Ace and Angy! ", I put out the book and it displayed a sword,  hidden under a gravestone. I ran towards them and showed it to the others. " Everyone spread up! We need to find this sword before he kills Abe! It's the only way ", Ace ordered and we followed. 

We ran and ran here and there crushing every gravestone without a single moment wasted on noticing how Abe's doing. Alas! If I had only done so.....All I heard was noises of clashing, fighting, smashing. All of us gathered but Ace, after I don't know how long. " Anyone? ", I asked with hope but in disappointment. None of us could find the sword. We looked at Abe now, but only to discover a blood covered weak body being thrashed by a demon like no other. 

My eyes were turned, body pale seeing such a monstrous hellish creature that even my worst nightmare couldn't vision. My feet froze and I couldn't move them. Tears were coming seeing the only person I cared for in such a state, and still I had nothing in my power to help him. All I wanted now was to rush to him, hug him tight, heal him and leave this wretched place forever, go somewhere, live in a farm and raise a family. But alas! I didn't know what to do. 

I looked around to discover the same horror in everyone's face. I tried to rush to the rescue but Ace held me back. " Look there! ", he said and we followed his eyes. The head of the sword was uncovered from the gravestone where Abe was lying. " Abe! The sword! ", We yelled, my voice broke, shattered in pain and I finally gave in to the tears that were forcing to flow through all this while.

He looked at us for a second, then felt it with his hand beside him. Alas! He had no more strength left in his body.  Pain, but courage was reflecting from his eyes. My eyes were stuck at marvel. How wonderful that idiot truly is?

Abe's POV : 

This is it! This is the moment I've been yearning for, for my whole goddamn life! This is my moment and I'm gonna live it I was thinking out loud as I ran to my long awaited adventure, but only to be stopped by getting strangled by it. I was breathless and numb, unable to take any action. And then I saw death in front of me. But whatever I was.....I was not of those who give up! I was destined to win. " You will not kill me monster! This is my precious moment and you'll not take it from me!  ", I managed to yell out loud.

" Let's hope you die well then, in your precious moment, child! ", he said as he threw me halfway towards another end. It only inflamed the rage within me, and taking the gem became the next thing my body and soul merged, wanted to do. 

I got up and focused on my mark. It still had its blazing aura. He jumped from there and landed before me but it was too late. My rage had already ignited the Osiris mark on my back, and the strength of God descended on me. He tried to punch but with my newfound strength, I could easily block it and turn it against him. 

We fought and clashed till I almost reached my limit. Soon my palpitation became overburdened. Good that I learned how to fight. All thanks to Ace, who forced me even after my extreme obstinacy, to learn the basics of dueling. 

" I.....amm....takin.....that gem! ", I yelled as I kept glaring at my wondrous enemy, with a smile of the sweet taste of adventure that I have longed so much. Giving the dialogue I took a broken part of a gravestone that had taken the shape of a knife, and jumped with velocity no less than light itself and struck it through his heart.

" Aaaah...! ", he screamed, groaned, yearned with mock pain and started laughing. " You thought you could kill me like that? '', he laughed and started making some weird noises, noises like screaming that seemed he's summing up all his powers. In a flash, nothing stood before me but a giant, monstrous hideous creature, the dweller of the hell of shit, fiercer than any nightmare. At the very sight of which, even the great among the greats would tremble and fall on their knees in fear.