Chapter 8 : Betrayal

Abe

Jane showed me everything that had happened during my absence through magic. Have to admit, it gave me the chills of my life. Adrenaline washed over my body several times. Still I consoled her soft heart saying, " Don't worry, love. I'm gonna see the end of this. " Jane was awkwardly looking at me in intimidation with big oval and curved soft green eyes. 

Whilst my mind was meditating on the turns of events, Jane turned my face towards her with her soft skinny but strong hands and to my surprise,  she was,  in a split second,  hovering on top of me and slowly put her slim sweet lips on mines. Unable to process anything, I kissed her back and she opened her mouth for me. 

I found her tongue and played with it with mine. It was such a passionate kiss that I lost the count of time as I continued to kiss her back with my hands tightly grabbing her hips, forgetting all the sorrows I had in my heart. 

Though I've always wanted to kiss her but the situation didn't allow it. It wasn't the right time and so I took my lips off of hers making her slightly disappointed. " It's not the right time,  love. We've works to do ", I said to her and she seemed to understand quite well. 

I got up from the ground and pulled her with my hands and suddenly, I could feel the atmosphere getting heavy. Air started blowing rapidly from all directions and something just didn't seem right. It was completely surreal. " Whatever's happening isn't normal ", I thought out loud. 

Both Jane and I could sense something coming and she confirmed saying, "Whatever's coming, cannot be good. " I nodded and became alert. I started looking everywhere for something that I still don't yet understand feeling unknown powers growing inside me. 

I could sense every sort of energies around me. " This place is not safe to. I can sense dark powers emerging ", I said and Jane nodded. " We must leave. Whatever it is, we're not prepared ", I proposed and Jane got ready to leave. 

Suddenly I heard someone call my name and I turned on the other side.  Unable to spot anyone, I looked back at Jane and to my surprise, I saw her lying on the ground unconscious. I rushed to her and kneeling down, I took her in my arms and once again I could feel my body getting heated up with burning energy. 

My back started to itch unlike what happened hitherto. Something was trying to gush out through my back. To my inexpressible surprise, after enduring an inexpressible pain, an enormous pair of heavenly-hellish wings came out from my back, wings that I can't describe. It had a divine spark glowing like the sun but structurally devilish with strength I don't yet understand. 

Without wasting any time on useless thinking as I won't get any answer by myself, I took Jane and flew to the top of the sky crushing my wings on the ground dramatically with the speed unlike any existing supernatural being. 

I could see the whole town from the position I was in and flew down to the land of God that was far away from my town in just a matter of seconds. None has dared to trespass this land as legend says, Anyone but the messenger of God who shall set his feet on these grounds will find himself but as atoms of sand

As I was the bearer of 'The Mark Of Osiris' I'm linked with the holy guardian the Osiris spirit. These thoughts allowed me to seek shelter there, quite stupidly, yes. But I was stupid.

Jane regained her consciousness and I told her, " It's high time the sage is visited. " She nodded being confused as her eyes were fixed on my torn shirt.  My wings went back inside painlessly when I landed but I preferred not to tell her anything at the moment.

" What happened? ", Jane asked me but I didn't bother replying. I asked her to take us to my home as I held her with my arms across and she flew us to my house.