Chapter 20 : The Castle II

A/N : So, Sorry for the late update, friends! I was...kinda...watching anime all day these past few days, Hehe.

Enjoy!

Ace

Hardly had Abe opened his mouth when I already understood what we were gonna do, or I wasn't his best pal. Taking Mary's hand, I ran for our lives. Unfortunately, our vampire speed attracted some unwanted attention, but gladly never in our history did a trap serve as a saviour. 

We fell in a pit and got ourselves caught in a net. However, someone else had to pay the price for our survival. Noticing us immobilised,  the soldiers came running to us but only to be crashed with Colin. He came there to protect us. Colin and Jules kept fighting with them while we were busy untying ourselves from the ropes. 

I was so extremely infuriated on our attempts in vain, that I started crunching the ropes with my canines.  " Good job, babe ", Mary giggled as we fell on the ground. I was still confused on what happened. Sensing danger, I immediately ordered Mary to run as I moved to the rescue. But alas! They had already got themselves captured. 

I kept following them to the castle and attacked the soldiers even, but to my dismay, I felt so humane against them, and got myself captured too. At least Mary's safe, I thought in my head and it was a relief. " I'm sorry guys. I couldn't save you ", I said to Colin and Julie with shame but they cheered me up saying, '' It's not your fault. We were meant to be captured. " " I'm sure Abe and the others are gonna come and kick these s****'  butts ", Julie said with such enthusiasm that the guards yelled, " Quiet!! '' '' Sush ", I whisper yelled, and everyone became unlikely quiet. 

In just a matter of time, we were taken into the courtroom and what should've we found but rather a young handsome King, sleeping on the throne, putting his legs upward.

" What the...I never saw any King doing that by the way ", Colin said amazed, shocked to be precise. '' Sir! '', the chief guard yelled and the King was awake in a blow. " Sorry, mom.  Going to school '', the King said sighing, with still closed eyes. Jules almost let out a hearty laughter. Thank God, I could put my palm on her mouth in time.

The King's yawning soon cleared his sleep off. '' Uh, what? Did I say anything? '', he said, noticing our dropped jaws and started chuckling. " Who are these guys, Ed? Why are they arrested? ", the king well, though mostly a kid, asked the chief. " Your Majesty, these people were trespassing without permission ", the guy replied. " Leave! ", the King ordered and added, " Leave them with me ". " But your Majesty? ", Ed tried to say but quickly left seeing the King's infuriated eyes. The rest of the soldiers followed after him.

" Sit! ", the King asked rather politely, and we obliged unable to find a different option. 

Jane's POV : 

Simply out of the blue, a humongous creature hit Abe making him fall on the ground, with blood gushing out of his head. I had a nervous breakdown just by noticing the scene. I landed on Abe, forgetting about what just happened, calling him, " Abe, Abe! Come on! Wake up! "

I kept on crying as tears of pain kept on gushing out from my soft sparkling eyes. " Please, Lord! Make this work, this one time ", I prayed as I chanted the healing spell. 

An Niere aspha aspha...et ensipha am mortima.....

Abe's wound healed up slowly, but he wasn't waking up. Why wasn't he waking up? My heart stopped beating, sensing no movement from him. " Pls,  no! Don't leave me, no! ", I kept on crying as I dipped my face on his chest squeezing his shirt. " The shirt's expensive, you know? ", I heard a soft voice followed by the sparkle of life within my soul. I looked up with chills in my bones and to my heartfelt unbound happiness, it was Abe! Yes,  my Abe! He was alive! He was alive! Oh, thank God!