Chapter 9 : The Unveiling I

Abe

Can't say after how long, but I regained my senses but only to discover my rescuers beside me in a completely different place. I inspected every nook and corner and it was exactly the opposite of the one I was held captive.

To clear the suspense. . .to my surprise, my rescuers were my dad,  Jenny, that Forneous and who would it be the last but not the least, the creepy Mr. Hall. It's a folly to mention that I'm only too weak in nerve and after what happened with me, I couldn't even recognise my dad. My eyes only hung open and I in the world of thoughtlessness.

I noticed another woman sitting on the chair opposite to my bed looking at me intently with sparking gloomy eyes. They were piercing through my soul. She had long red hair but only darker than Jenny and tidy. She was pretty old and wrinkles covered her whole face. The rest of the body was covered with a strange type of clothe. It was neither silk nor something else but a multicoloured gown like clothe with aristocratic flare on it. Her skin was white with mixed yellow and rather pretty. 

Breaking a long period of silence that went unnoticed by me, Jenny spoke, " It's the sorcerer realm, Abe! and the lady over their is the Supreme Sage of the supernatural beings; also known as the witch or sorcerer sage. Quite catchy, yes.

I kept looking at her like a child unable to understand any word. Slowly, I got back my conscience and the memories flashed back once again. " Where's Mom and Eve? '', I asked calmly. " We couldn't save them, Abe! Dad said as he closed his eyes to stop the flowing tears but in vain. Mr. Hall tried to console him and keep him strong.

I just kept quiet, devoid of emotional expressions. I would not say that my heart wasn't broken but my heart was already shattered to atoms that it couldn't ache anymore. Suddenly the Forneous guy came forward and sprinkled my heart with hope saying, Not unless Abe restores their soul. " Wha..! ", I exclaimed with a blank expression but with a slight touch of joy or felicity. 

All this while, the sage kept observing my movements and finally rose to speak dragging everyone's attention to her and said, " It's time! " She said that with such a tone that for some odd reason, my gloominess ran away. 
A slight excitement started rising inside me. My soul felt a strange pull at this.

Suddenly I remembered about my friends but before I could ask, Mr.  Hall patted my back saying, " They're fine, Abe! Coming to that ", as if he just read my thought.

She took us underneath the charming elvish little house into a dark dim red lighted room with a creepy atmosphere. All on a sudden, a voice called on our back making my heart stop for a bit, " I'm not late I guess,  am I? " We all looked at him but the tall, not so fat but not so lean either,  well built man kept his suspicious dark green eyes intently on me making me feel slightly uncomfortable. 

" Come on, brother. We can't expect punctuality from you, now can we? " Forneous exclaimed melodiously, full of sarcasm making him only to laugh sarcastically. 

The man came forward and said, " You're Abe, I suppose. Exactly the opposite I had imagined ", with a sly smile and added, " Allow me to introduce myself. I'm the infamous sorcerer king, Feronious! ", he said with such a tone clearly expressing his free type personality. Even though he was a king, he had no air of authority around him. I kinda liked him. 

" Take your seats, children ", the sage said seriously and even the king hurriedly followed. We all took our seats on a large couch (glad it was not a spooky round table).

She took out a box from a corner of the room. She opened it and took something out. It was wrapped with some kind of burnt red cloth and with it, took her sit in front of us.