chapter 1

I was afraid. He tried to touch me but I flinched at the touch on my bare skin. He wasn't any normal boy. That terrified me a lot. How can I be here with him, how he could fly, smile and enjoy the little world around him. He smiled again. I didn't bother to frown and took a few steps back.

His smile never left his lips.

His green eyes never left mine.

His breathe remained calm.

Only this time, he reached out and touched my cheek. His hand was warm against my bare skin. I shivered slightly. He wasn't afraid or nervous like me. He stepped forward, closing the distance between us.

"I am Grey." He told me his name. His voice was husky, soft and I couldn't describe the way he spoke to me. It felt like, there was a lump in my throat, words were stuck, I can't speak.

"And, you are...?"

He let out a soft chuckle. "And you are Leah, right?"

I nodded. His smile got even wider, and weirdly, obliviously, slowly. I smiled too.

"How do you know my name?"

"Someone told me."

"Are you real?" I didn't know, this question suddenly came out my mouth.

His smile slowly disappeared. Sighing, his hands ruffling his messy dark hair.

"I wish I was." He whispered, looking down.

"What do you mean, Grey?" I asked again, confused. He kept quiet for a moment. I didn't bother to talk again. I just watched him. His fingers fiddling with the hem of his shirt. His jaw was clenching.

"Don't wake up." He said quietly after a while. His voice is low, sad I can feel it. I looked around me. this empty room suddenly shaking, I almost screamed. I grabbed his arm, not wanting to let go as I felt my legs couldn't move. I looked at him, his eyes were already on me.

"You will see me again. I promise." He whispered against my skin, kissing my cheek softly.

The next thing I knew was, I was finally awake on my bed. I sighed and slowly sat up. I told myself, 'he is only my dream.'