chapter 15

1.14k
Thank you so much. So, I've been listening to Frank Sinatra while writing this.

What's your favourite song?

"I want you."

If I could turn back time, I really wanted to say I wanted him too. Sadly I just could dream, saying the four words with a thousand wonderful meanings,

"I want you too."

"I want you too, Jordan. I really do."

"No, I need you."

I giggled a bit, shaking my head and ran my fingers through my long dark brown hair.

Getting up, I went to the living room to find my mother was typing something. I sat next to her, this goofy wide smile was still plastered on my face.

Even the thought of him could make my day.

"Stop smiling." She muttered when she glanced at me.

I just shrugged and kissed her cheek. "I love you, mom." I whispered softly, resting my head on her shoulder.

"Love you too, Leah but.. What's wrong with you today?"

"Nothing." I smiled.

She sighed, focusing on her work again. "Is it for the divorce?"

She nodded.

I just kept quiet. I didn't want it to mess with my head. Maybe mom knew what was the best for Lana and me.

"Jordan asks me out."

"Then go."

"Okay..?"

"Do you like him?"

Maybe.

Yes.

"I don't know." I answered.

She just smiled, eyes were still glued on the laptop screen.

"Where's Lana?" I asked before I headed to the kitchen. "Oh, she goes out with her friends."

*

He held my hand firmly as we walked together, talking about random things and made each other laugh even our jokes weren't that good.

My hand fit perfectly with his. When he laughed or talked or whatever he did, it was like his voice was the only noise at the park that I only could hear.

"How about your life plan, Leah?" He asked.

"Graduate high school, get a scholarship, work, get married, children."

I didn't really know what I was saying but he looked at me with that amused smile like I threw him another lame joke.

"That's it?"

I nodded.

"Cliché."

"But it's safe."

"You said you like writing."

"I do."

He gave my hand a squeeze and ran his fingers through his messy hair, trying to keep it out of his face.

"Then why-

"What about your life plan, Jordan?" I asked him back, cutting his words off.

He sat on the empty bench, looking around as the people at the park were doing their own things.

"I don't know."

"Why?"

He didn't answer.

"Jordan?"

"Yes, Leah?"

He turned to me. I slowly let go of his hand, my finger slowly trailed down his cheekbone to his jawline.

"Nothing. I just want you to look at me." I said.

He chuckled, shaking his head then held my hand again. I always loved when his eyes were on mine and when he smiled when he looked at me.

This all was like another beautiful and the longest dream I ever had.

This was real.

He wasn't dream.

This isn't good enough. I try but I hope you like this chapter even it's horrible.

Truly love,

Syakira.