chapter 9

Life has been so busy, extra classes, studies, schools and other stuffs since my PT3 exam is coming. It's like I'm welcoming trouble into my life. Anyways, here's an update!

I pulled on my jacket, slowly walking out of Jordan's house. I felt so horrible, I never did this before like, ever. I saw mom was already awake when she went out the house. 

"Hey, don't worry. You won't get caught as long as you're with-

"You are crazy, Jordan." I scoffed, taking the key I hid under the doormat. I peeked at the window to see my mom. She was there in the kitchen, preparing breakfast, of course.

I glanced back at Jordan and he just shrugged with his stupidly cute grin. "Stop grinning." I whispered, giving him a weak hit on his arm. He yelped a bit as I hit him, laughing a bit but I quickly covered his wide laughing mouth with my hand.

He gently pushed my hand away and walked to the window of my room. I looked up to see the window while Jordan already tried to climb the tree. He looked so idiot, I just can't stop myself from smiling too much.

"Come on, Leah. Climbing isn't so hard."

Then he fell to the ground again.

I laughed, helping him to sit up but he was too heavy and kept laying on the pretty wet grass. "We can always use the door." I mocked him from last night. He just rolled his eyes, letting out a throaty chuckle as he rubbed his elbow.

"Leah?"

I looked back, my smile and laughter died. Jordan quickly got up from the ground, pulling on his serious face. I kept my head down and grasped on the hem of my jacket.

"Did you go for another morning walk again?" Mom asked.

Thank God.

"Y-yeah." I answered, glancing at Jordan. 

"And you are? Leah's boyfriend?" 

He just grinned and shook his head, scratching the back of his neck. "I'm Jordan, the new neighbor across the road." 

Mom let out a soft sigh and looked at both of us. "I've made breakfast. Come in, kids."

"You're a really bad influence, Jordan." I whispered as we walked behind my mom into the house.

"But we're still friends, right?" He whispered back causing me to stick my tongue out at him.

I thought I will get into trouble when mom saw us outside. I didn't expect this would happen. Jordan shared some nice talks with mom, making her smile and laugh a bit at Jordan's cheeky behavior. 

Again, I was lost in my own thoughts while everyone around me wasn't paying attention. I suddenly thought of the dream I had last night. Was this about to come true? Just like how Jordan and I would meet? 

Shaking my head, I told myself.

It wasn't real. It was just another dream. I just needed to forget about it.

But, there was always the voice inside me saying it was real. Like, all these dreams had to be something. 

"Leah?"

I looked up to my mom as she said my name, bringing me back to reality. I let out a sigh and put my mug on the table.

I needed to stop thinking about this.