chapter 10

Hello cute humans. Here's an update!

I can't help but smile alone as I kept running on this street with earphones were plugged in my ears, blocking everything around me. Once, after a few minutes I was running I sat on the empty bench, breathing heavily. I threw my head back, squeezing my eyes tight. Wiping away the sweat on my forehead, I got up and walked to the nearest vending machine to have a bottle of mineral water. I usually went for a run at the park every afternoon since I didn't have anything to do much in my summer holiday.

Two weeks before school started, dad wasn't coming home yet. Did he not miss his daughters? What were he doing now there?

I sighed and took a sip of the water, letting out a loud moan after I almost finished the water. I looked around to see a girl with her boyfriend, a father with their little children, a man walking with his dog. These people were so happy.

"Um, Leah?"

I quickly looked back at the voice, only to see Tyson with a grin on his face. "Oh, hey." I said quietly, letting him to eye me up and down.

I know, it was hard to find me in public.

"Well, hi. I didn't expect I would see you here." He chuckled, shrugging. Tyson was this guy from my high school and we talked a few times at school, I didn't know he would remember my name. 

I just gave him a small smile. I didn't really know what to say. He didn't say anything either. This was so awkward until I faked a cough to walk away.

"Leah, wait!" He quickly held my hand. I looked back at him. "Can I at least get your phone number? I mean, I try to ask you before at school but we didn't really have time to.. Talk, you know." So, he was shy, It was quite adorable.

I smiled a bit, "sure." I mumbled. "Cool." He grinned then he handed me his phone.

Dialing my number for him, I looked up to give it back to him. He was staring at me, making me blush a bit but I gave him his phone.

Things were getting awkward and more awkward. I wasn't really used to talk  with boys and my best friend Chloe who hadn't called me up for days said boys were mostly assholes, not a word I would use.

He blinked his eyes, once. Twice then he bit his lip, chuckling awkwardly. I looked away and rubbed  my arm. "I think I should get going." I said quietly as I slowly turned my heels. This time I could only heard him mumble a 'yeah, bye. See you again.'

I plugged the earphones in my ears again as I continued running. The sky was getting darker and darker, I knew it was going to rain since today was such a super hot day. 

Oh, lord.

I dialed my mom, hoping she would pick me up at the park right now. 

Crap.

Then rain started to pour down, I was almost  wet. I didn't expect the weather would change. Well, expect the unexpected.

I felt a pair of muscular arms wrapped around me, I can't feel the rain beating against me anymore. 

Looking up,I smiled softly with my hands holding his too.

I hate my life in this house. Someone, help.