chapter 20

The last chapter of Dreamingly and it all will come to an end.

Carry on reading, cute humans.

Arms were around him.
Head was buried in his chest.
Tears spilling out with my breathing was all shaky.

I was lying when I said I didn't cry like a little girl anymore. The fact was, I wasn't strong. I was too fragile. I was too vulnerable.

I was too into him.

And now, I was crying.

Crying because he finally came back. His arms were around me too. His head was against mine. His heart was beating at the calm pace.

Unlike mine.

Sometimes it went too fast and too slow.

And sometimes,

It didn't beat at all.

No words were spoken.

His hug was so warm. His arms were so comfortable.

"Why did you go, Jordan?" I asked. Voice was breaking but I didn't mind.

He didn't answer.

Maybe he didn't want me to hear how breaking he was right now too when he spoke.

But what broke him?

What made him go?

The questions kept pushing me. I just asked him for answers.

Slowly, he pulled away.

He cried too.

He cried.

His nose was pretty red.
Cheeks were red.
Lips were smiling.

I smiled too.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

And his eyes...

They were finally locked with mine again.

And I lost.

"Why did you leave?" I asked again. Hands were holding his. He didn't let go. So did I.

"I was afraid."

"I was afraid too." I replied.

"I was afraid if I... If I hurt you."

My heart softened.

His eyes were still fighting my gazes.

"You never hurt me."

He chuckled. I couldn't tell if it was bitter or sweet or just a plain warm chuckle.

"I got this dream. Where there was you."

He continued, "I... I left and you were-

He stopped and closed his eyes. Shaking his head, he pulled me closer.

"I dreamed about it a lot of times. I had dreams about you, countless times. Then I met you and I hurt you!  You know, Leah... I was so afraid it'll come true. I was afraid to hurt you."

"Jordan."

If only he knew I had dreams about him countless times too. This all felt like a little fate. I just smiled inside, not showing him what was running in my mind now.

"Leah, I'm sorry."

I let go of his hands.

"Don't leave me again." I whispered into his ear, my hand gently cupping his strong jaw.

"I promise."

"Don't leave me again." I repeated and leaned my head against his shoulder.

"Don't cry, Leah. I'm sorry."

I chuckled and looked up.

He was never like this.

Then he leaned in.

Kissing me again like never before. Lips slamming against mine. Lust, love, anger, sadness, happiness, everything.

I could feel everything.

I was alive again.

[ T H E   E N D]

DREAMINGLY || √

Thank you for reading my first story here on Wattpad. You keep me motivated to continue writing it and here we are.

We did it!

I just finished writing Dreamingly!

I hope the ending is just alright. Well, I was a lil bit in rush now but thank you!

Thank you for supporting Dreamingly!

Truly love,

Syakira.