Chapter 12

"Leah?"

"Yes, mom?"

"What do you think of your father?"

"You mean dad?" I closed my book and turned to her. I didn't know what was this conversation about but I just gave mom my honest answer.

"He lives there like he has no family." I mumbled.

"Listen, Leah. I really have to tell you something." She sucked into air and slowly opened her eyes to look at her daughter.

Clearly mom had been so tired all day with the dark circles around her eyes and her hair which was messy right now.

She reached out to hold my hand. I squeezed her hand, letting her to tell me what was on her mind.

I sensed something wasn't right. About dad, but I just kept quiet.

"We're going to get divorced."

I didn't say anything. I just stared at her. Deep inside, I didn't know how should I react when my family was about to get broken. With that, I let go of her hand. I had never expected this to happen.

I had myself under the pressure that my mom put on me already. When dad got home and sometimes got mad without reasons, part of me relieved that he wasn't going to be with us anymore but I loved him. I loved my family. Who had ever wanted their family to split up?

I can't take it. I just looked at my mom, didn't say anything. I couldn't force any words out of my mouth.

"And... Maybe, just maybe."

She paused.

"Your dad wanted to take Lana too." She sobbed.

I can't help but hugged my crying mom. She hugged me tightly, wetting my shirt slightly as she cried in my hug.

"Mom, we'll get over this together."

"I promise you, things will get better soon."

"Okay, mom."

*

"Leah, come on. Don't be afraid!" He laughed, pulling on my hand. I just pushed him away with a huge goofy grin plastered on my face.

Was he crazy enough now? It was night, it was cold too, I didn't want to take any risk to get into the water with him but there was he.

Already shirtless and waiting for me to follow him into the water.

"Grey! Are you crazy? Let's go. I'm not doing this. Come on."

"Aw, Leah! It's not that cold. The water is warm." He grinned.

His eyes seemed to sparkle in the dark that the light caught them perfectly.

Then I wished he was real.

Did he know he was only in my dream?

What was I thinking?

Leah, wake up.

"Don't." He said. I turned to see him and flinched. What was happening to me? He pulled my hand, I can't fight him. I just didn't want to.

I was in the water with him. He picked me up and looked back. I cried, trying to get off from him. He didn't even listen to me.

The next thing I knew was,

I was sinking into the sea with a thousand unanswered questions and overwhelming feelings.

I can't go back to the surface and running out of oxygen.

I was dying, for sure.

"Leah!"

I was snapped back to reality, only to find myself on the bed with my breathing problem. I tried to catch my breathe with tears running down my cheeks.

It was just another nightmare with Grey in it. I was awake by Jordan.

I pushed him away as he touched me.

What was happening to me?

Every night, I will have this beautiful dream that will turn into a terrifying nightmare. And it all happened ever since Jordan came.

This just had my mind getting messier.

Hello, sweet peeps! Have a nice day and I hope you're just doing well. Thank you for reading my book so far, every vote, every comment make me real happy.

Please don't lose hope on my book.

I love you guys

Truly love,

Syakira ✨