Epilogue

Five years later

"Alberto, listen to your father, m'ijo." I said to our little boy as he continued to run around the house, possibly breaking everything in his path.

Aiden was following him around the house, making sure that he wasn't going to wreak havoc on our house. Alberto was such a tough kid to get control of. The only place he was actually calm was outside. He had so much energy, it tired us out. Especially me, since you know, there was another human being growing inside of me at the moment.

Aiden spoke to little Alberto, "Beto, help your mom out, kiddo. She can't come running after you. You have to help her in any way you can right now. We have another baby coming soon."

Alberto's little eyes grew wide as he turned to me. "Is it true?"

"Of course it's true. I would appreciate it if you would help me out whenever you can."

"Will I still be able to play outside?" he sounded a little scared of my answer.

"Yes. As long as one of us is out there with you, you are still allowed to play outside."

He cheered, waving his tiny hands up in the air. "Alright. Is it okay if I play with Santi when they come over?"

"Yes, just remember to be very careful around the house."

"Okay." he ran away excitedly to the toy closet, where he picked out a soccer ball. Those two loved soccer, whether it was watching it or playing it, they were all for it. Santi was Ingrid and Finn's son. He was a year older than Alberto was, but they had been inseparable since the first day that they met. Cousins were always our first friends as a child, and I was glad that these two got along.

The doorbell rang at the precise moment that I finished the meal. If it was anything that I had learned, it was that Ingrid and Finn had wonderful timing. Not one day had they come at a bad moment. I wish I could say the same thing about us. I feel like we always visited at the worst times.

I went to open the door and there stood Ingrid and Finn along with Cayden. Ingrid was holding a box in her hand. There was no doubt in my mind that it held baby clothes. She loved to pick clothes for my unborn child. She had done the same thing with Alberto and they had fit him perfectly. I didn't know how she did it.

"Hey sis." Ingrid said as she wrapped her arm around me. "You're about to pop soon, aren't you?"

"Yes. Yes I am." Ingrid laughed at my response, and then went inside to greet Aiden and Alberto.

Finn came next and wrapped his arms around me. I remembered how I had always though there was something off about him. But I had been wrong. After he married my sister, I realized that he wasn't hiding anything. I think the only thing he ever hid from me was how much pain he had been in.

Cayden hugged me next. He hadn't gotten married or even had a girlfriend yet, which kind of surprised me, but it was his decision after all.

"Hey, kiddo. How is my nephew doing?" he asked me, even though I'm pretty sure he already knew the answer. He made the mistake of agreeing to babysit him when Aiden and I went on one of our dates. Needless to say, we haven't gone out since then.

"He's doing fine. Just all over the place. How are you doing, Cay?"

He took a deep breath in. "I'm doing good. A little lonely in that big house now that you both left me on my own. But other than that, everything is working out fine. I got a promotion at work, which is nice because I earn ten dollars more."

"Hey, that's great. Congratulations."

"Thanks, kid. How are you doing? What about those nightmares?"