Chapter 27

Shawn's POV:

I sit down on one of those couches that were probably made just for men who have been dragged into shopping. There's a few middle aged men sitting around, and one of them smiled up at me and said "You're a good boyfriend." Jeez, that guy's been going around malls after his wife for too long to notice things like this. I can't remember what number shop this is, but it's definitely past the 30th one, and none of the two girls have found an outfit to wear. Whilst Lils and Jess were fitting dresses on in Zara, I went into Armani to buy a new shirt and some jeans from All Saints.

"Shawn! I think Jess has finally found her clothes for tonight."

I look up, expecting to see Jess behind Lilly, but she comes out of the fitting area carrying the blue dress she picked for Lilly. She blushes and looks at her friend. "I don't know. I think it looks better on you Lils. You know what, you take this one, and I'll just have a look around again."

I pay for some drinks as we walk around the stores again, searching for some clothes. I follow after Jess and Lilly again as they trail into the darkness of Hollister. I watch them as they walk slowly around each display of clothes, but nothing catches their eye.

"What are you looking for?" I ask Jess.

She opens her mouth to say something, but Lilly cuts in. "We need something sexy, but nothing too revealing that will make a guy want her for the wrong reasons."

I nod my head as if I understood. Men's fashion is completely different. Just feel comfortable and you're good. I look through some rails and find a small, black top with thin straps. "How about this?" I say.

I instantly hear Jess' concerned voice but she's soon cut off again.

"Now that Shawn, is what we're after."

"Uh Lilly? Do I get a say in this? I don't think I'm going to fit into that tiny thing- woahh!"

She's pushed towards the changing rooms so quickly that she knocks into a tall guy overlooking the dressing rooms, presumably someone who works here. I watch them exchange smiles and Jess blushes a little, tucking her hair behind her ear. The guy soon loses his attention as his eyes rest on Lilly. Typical, no wonder Jess has trust issues.
I hear squeals from inside the dressing room. Girls.

They come out looking flustered and hapyy. "Okay, top sorted. Now we can go back to Forever 21 to buy that leather-like skirt-"

"And buy some black heels too," Jess adds.

"And also a black purse. You need a bag no matter what."

I sigh as I realise that there's more trailing around to do.

I walk into the hotel room, kick off my shoes and leap onto the bed. I wriggle around like a kid, letting the cool duvet soothe my skin. I hear a switch and the air-con blasts out cold air into the room.

"Sorry to make you walk around with us," Jess says.

"No problem. I think my feet got a good workout." Workout? I sweated like crazy walking around and carrying the shopping. "I'm gonna shower. I can't believe we stayed that long in the mall."

"Sorry."

"Don't apologise," I say.