Chapter 79

"Jess, come on. It's already midday."

I groan again, but this time I make an effort to open my eyes. Big mistake. Bright light – not to mention the cold – startles me slightly as I'm shaken awake. I cover my chest with my bare arms, regretting my choice of sleepwear, although I was perfectly warm last night...

"Jess?"

"I'm awake," I grumble.

"In that case, I'm gonna order breakfast..."

I rub my head as a massive pain pulses a little as I sit up. "I think I have a hangover..."

"I know. You look pretty rough-"

I scowl. "Hey, no need to point THAT out. Dammit..."

I pad my way to the bathroom and take a quick shower before breakfast, washing everything clean from yesterday's blurry night. It was a rush yesterday, one minute Shawn and Camila were kissing, the next, I'm in a bar and getting attention from a cute guy? I can't remember.

I exit the bathroom and the smell of waffles and smoothies makes my stomach rumble. I practically run to food but stop myself in embarrassment as Shawn stares at me.

"Sorry," I mumble.

He chuckles and hands me a fork. "It's okay, go ahead."

I take a huge bite of the sweet waffle, ignoring the powdered sugar left on the edges of my lips.

"You got a little something here," Shawn says.

"Right now, I don't care apart from filling my empty stomach up," I say, but I wipe my mouth clean with a tissue.

I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear whilst drinking my blueberry smoothie, noticing Shawn's eyes staring at me behind his mug of coffee.

"Quit doing that Shawn, you're making me feel conscious-"

"But you're cute when you eat," he replies. He stretches his arms and clicks his fingers as he throws a wink at me. "Besides, I've found someone who eats faster than me now."

I open my mouth to speak but there's a knock on the door. I get up to answer since I finished my waffles before Shawn.

"Oh hey Jess! Wasn't expecting you to be here..."

He looks at me sadly. "Everything okay?"

I smile and nod my head. "It's okay Cam, everything's fine. Last night is now... over?"

My heart sinks a little as I think of yesterday, but the only best way to move forward is to forget it. Camila was a little tipsy right? And Shawn warned her off beforehand anyway. But they still kissed. They still kissed.

I clear my throat and smile. "Anyway how about you and Lilly? She's great right-"

He lets out a nervous laugh and scratched the back of his head. "Uh actually, she's mad at me because I didn't pick her for yesterday's stupid game and-"

I hear a familiar voice behind us and see Lilly appear out of nowhere. "...I'm not mad! I'm just annoyed that-"

"Same thing," Cameron cuts in.

She glares at him and he keeps quiet. "I'm just annoyed that you picked Jess when I was your date for the ball, and you didn't even seem that bothered-"

I roll my eyes. "Lils, you're probably scaring Cam more than any other guy, and that's something. I think he's glad for us to be leaving him soon to be honest."

Lilly shrugs and walks away to her room. "It was a pleasure to meet you Cameron Dallas, but a fan is all I'll ever be."

Cam and I exchange glances when the door slams shut. I shake my head in confusion and Cam laughs. "I didn't think it would be that easy for her to leave."

I sigh and fold my arms. "Well that's Lilly for you."

We stay quiet for a few seconds before Cam breaks the silence."Hey, wanna go to the arcades in the mall? They even have a race track for go-karts-"

I clap my hands in excitement. "Yeah! Shawn can come too, and Lilly if she wants-"

"Uh, you sure? I thought Shawn..."

I sigh. "It's okay. Like I said, everything's fine now."

Cam shrugs, unconvinced. "If you say so. I'm sorry by the way, for all this. It's kinda my fault-"

"Oh please, it's not. Come on, are we going to the arcade or what?"