Chapter 61

I look around the curtain and try to catch Shawn's eye. He sees me and smirks as I wave him over. I slip back inside the fitting room, but heart thudding loud against my chest. The inside lights don't help either, making me feel slightly hot.

"What's wrong- woah, Jess. You look..."

He pulls the curtain behind him and I bite my lip. "What? It's too much right? Can you get the zip at the back please."

I look at myself in the mirror and watch Shawn slowly zip my dress shut, He turns me around and I look up at him. "Well, what do you think?"

"I think you look beautiful in it," he whispers, pulling me closer to him.

I look down and blush. God, it's getting hot in here. He lifts my chin up with a finger gently before stroking my face. "I can't wait for everyone to see you." His hands hold my face gently as he brings his head close to mine. Our lips almost touch but a woman's voice startles me so I jerk away from Shawn.

"Excuse me? Men aren't allowed in the ladies dressing room."

Shawn sighs. "I know, I know. I was just helping with the zip and uh, the choice."

"Alright sorry to bother you."

Shawn pulls a face and hugs me from behind, resting his chin on my shoulder. "You should get that babe." He kisses my cheek and unzips the dress half way down my back. "Don't be too long."

"I won't," I whisper as I watch him leave.

   I giggle beside him as we rush around looking for somewhere to eat when we bump into a pretty, slender looking girl. At first, I think nothing of it, but then Shawn stops.

"Camila? What are you doing here?"

"Shawn!" She squeals. She pulls Shawn into a hug and stands back looking him up and down, her hand still resting on his arm. "Wow, your fashion is really changing huh? And have you grown?"

They burst out laughing and I feel like I'm missing out on an inside joke. To my surprise, Camila hugs me too before introducing herself. "And you're Jasmine is it?"

"Jess," I say through gritted teeth and stand beside Shawn.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! I'm awful with names. And I messaged you some time ago as well, didn't I?"

Shawn looks at me confused. "You never said-"

I clear my throat and smile at him. "Yeah, my notifs been bugging me so I haven't really looked through the messages-"

"No no, I totally understand," Camila cuts in. She beams up at Shawn. "So what are you doing here?"

He chuckles and runs his hand through his hair. "I was gonna ask you the same question. Actually we're shopping for Jess' outfit for the Jingle Ball." He looks at me and winks.

"Aw, you're taking Jess with you? How sweet! You two will be the cutest couple there and everyone will talk about it, I just know it!" She checks the time on her phone and shrieks. "Oh my god, I have to go. It's so nice to see you again Shawn!"

They exchange hugs again and I feel a bit jealous. Why can't I be like Camila? I smile at her as she waves goodbye. Shawn slides his hand back in mine and squeezes it. "I can't wait for the ball."

   "And you'll promise to call?" he whispers in my ear.

I sigh. "When have I not called? Besides, it's only one week and we're together again."

He rocks us from side to side, not wanting to let go. And to be honest, I don't want to let go either. "Shawn, I'm gonna be late," I whisper.

I wriggle free from him and watch him stare at the floor. I smile to myself and ruffle his hair and zip his jacket up a little. I tilt his face up and his eyes rest on me, the way he's looking making me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. I tip-toe and hug him one last time before I peck his cheek softly.

"Love you Shawn."

"Love you too."

I turn my back on him and go through security. I turn around to wave at him, but I realise he's already disappeared. That's strange.