The first encounter (Edited)

A cute petite girl with short blonde hair skipped her way into the woods. The girl carried a wooden basket and wore her favourite red cloak. "I want to surprise Papa today." The girl smiled and hummed happily as she imagined her Papa's shocked face. That little girl named Rin.

Rin used to stroll around the woods by herself when she aged 10, which was one year ago. Of course she never went too deep into the forest since she promised her Papa not to do so. Rin planned to deflower the beautiful wild flowers there. Since her house was only a stone throw away from the woods, it became her private playground.

"This one smelled nice." Rin said after she sniffed a wildflower. Rin was very focused on plucking the wild flower that she did not realized she was walking deeper into the woods. The beauty of the flowers made Rin lost track of her whereabouts. She kept on plucking any flowers that looked and smelled nice until her basket was full of them.

'Is she the red riding hood my mother always talk about?' A boy with blonde hair and a pair of wolf ears thought. His mind was full of curiosity. His deep blue eyes were locked to the figure of the girl in red cloak. He wagged his tail restlessly as he spied on the girl. 'She might be at the same age as me.' He thought to himself again. "What is she doing very deep inside the woods alone? No.. no.. no.. Len, you should stop thinking about the girl and return home fast. If she is the red riding hood that your mother talked about, then you are in a real danger." He whispered to himself.

Len slowly turned away. He concealed his presence and started to walk away from the girl with red cloak. When he took about 3 steps away, his sharp ears twitched. His ears caught the little girl's sobs. He slowly turned back to peek at the girl's figure while hiding behind a tree. "Is she lost?" The cute werewolf questioned himself.

"Papa~" Rin silently cried. "I broke my promise and go too deep into the woods...." She sobbed. "I forgot my way home and I am scared." She whispered to herself. Her tiny shoulder shook as she cried. "What should I do?" Rin said to herself as she wiped away her tears only to be replaced by another stream of tear.

Len could hear every single word the girl with red cloak said since he had a pair of super sharp ears. Len felt conflicted. 'What should I do?' Len asked himself. He was scared that something bad would happen if he help 'The Red Riding Hood'. However, he could not bear to see the blonde girl crying.

Len picked up the longest stick on the ground and slowly approached the girl in red cloak. His mind silently kept telling him to run away, feared that something bad would happen to him if he continued his plan. However, his kind heart told him to help the girl. Len stopped walking once the stick he picked up earlier could reach the girl. Hesitantly he poked the girl's back with the stick. "Hey, are you lost?" He asked while poking the girl's back.

Rin turned her head towards the voice's direction. Rin's eyes widened as her sight landed on a boy with a big pair of ears and fluffy tail. Rin knew those ears and tail definitely belong to "A-A werewolf." She stuttered. "Please don't hurt me." She said and get ready to run away. Feeling quite scared.

Len sighed. "I don't want to hurt you, and you should not run into that direction or you will end up in my village." Len stopped the girl from running away. "I don't know what will happen if a human get lost inside my village" Len added. He shuddered as he thought about what might happened. "What is your name?" He asked.

"I am Rin." She answered.

"I am Len." He introduced himself. "Are you the red riding hood my mother always talk about?" He asked again.

Rin shook her head. "Like I told you before, my name is Rin. I just wear this red cloak because it is my favourite." She explained. Her fear slowly faded away. The wolf in front of her looks very kind.

"I know you are lost. You should not walk very deep into the woods when you fear a wolf that much. Doesn't anyone ever told you about that?" He sighed. Len looked at the girl in front of him and asked "If I help you, will the other human kill me?" He was actually quite scared if his intention to help Rin would only backfired him.

"Looks like you feared human as much as I feared wolves." Rin stated.

Len face reddened. Rin's statement definitely sounded like an insult, if not a challenge to his ears. "I am brave. I am strong and I have nothing to fear about." He denied the statement and looked away.

Rin chuckled at how the little wolf or maybe cub in this case reacted to her statement. "Don't worry Len. If you help me, you will be my friend, and I will never let anyone hurt my friend." She assured the werewolf in front of her.

Len let out a sighed. "Okay then, I will help you to get out from the woods." Len said still looking away from Rin. 'Looks like I broke my promise with my mother.' He thought to himself.

'Looks like I broke another promise with Papa.' Rin thought to herself.

The two little promise breaker then walked together inside the woods. Len was leading Rin the way to go out of the forest. He helped Rin and guided her until she recognize her surroundings.

"I think this is far enough Len. We don't want another human to see you right?" Rin said as the trees in the woods started to look familiar to her eyes again.

Len silently nodded.

"Thank you for helping me." Rin smiled. "Bye-bye" Rin waved her hand and started to walk away.

As the distance between them grew, they had the same question in their mind. 'Can we meet again?'.

A/N: 1070 words...

Edit: Leave your comment if there is anything else you as a reader want to correct about my grammar 😁