Chapter Three

I heard about some meeting organized by Plotter and Granger, so I decided to go. I got changed into a long sleeved shirt, woolly jumper, light denim jeans and a beanie. I put some lipstick on and stuffed my hands into the pockets of the jeans and made my way down to the Common Room. I saw Fred and George Weasley playing around with the portrait. 

“What's up Weasley?” I asked them as I reached the portrait. They jumped at my voice and looked at me, then smirked.

“Nothing that should concern you, what are you doing?” One of them asked.

I shrugged.

“Heading down to Hogsmeade, I heard Plotter and his friends are having a meeting of some sort.” I replied, looking at the two.

“Oh yeah? We were just headed down there.” They said.

“Shall we Fred?” George asked Fred.

“We shall George.” Fred replied. They went on either side of me, linked their arms in mine and walked through the archway, down the stairs, past the Great hall and down the bridge to Hogsmeade.

They told jokes on the way I couldn’t help but laugh.

We bashed through a rundown shop and found everyone settling in awkwardly. The boys unlinked with me and sat down on a couple chairs, while I leaned on the wall next to the door.

After about 5 minutes of awkward silence Hermione stood up and started talking, which didn’t last very long because I kept interrupting her with my smartass comments.

Um, hi.” Hermione started.

“Hey.” I said dully.

“So, you all know why we’re here, we need a teacher-” She ignored me and went on.

“A proper teacher…” I pointed out.

“One who’s had real experience defending themselves against the dark arts.” Hermione said.

“Why?” Some kid said.

“Why! Because you know who is back you toss pot.” Ron snapped.

“So he says,” The boy asked.

“So Dumbledore says.” Hermione interrupted.

“So Dumbledore says because he says? The point is where’s the proof?” He snapped. I like him.

“Potter could tell us more about how Diggory got killed.” A boy with long fabulous flowing black locks said. (I just had too xD)

“Who?” I asked. No one answered, they just looked at me.

“I'm not going to talk about Cedric so if that’s why you're here might as well clear off now-” Harry spoke up.

“Come on Hermione lets go they think I’m some sort of freak.” Harry whispered to Hermione.

“Harry wait-”

“Is it true that you can produce a Patronus charm?” Loony asked Harry.

“Yes, I’ve seen it.” Hermione replied.

“Blimey Harry, I didn’t know you can do that.” Exclaimed Dean Thomas.

“And he killed a basilisk, with a sword, in Dumbledore’s office!” Longbottom said.

“It’s true!” Ginny Weasley chimed.

“In third year he fought of about 100 dementors at once.” Ron bragged.

“And last year he really did fight you know who in the flesh-” Hermione started.

“Wait, look, it all sounds great when you say it like that but- truth is that most of that was luck, and I didn’t know what I was doing half that time, I nearly always had help.” Harry interrupted.

“He's just being modest.” Hermione said reassuringly.

“No Hermione I'm not. Facing this stuff in real life is not like school. In school if you make a mistake you can just try again tomorrow, but out there, when you're a second away from being murdered or watching a friend to die right before your eyes- you don’t know what's the like.” Harry replied.

“You're right harry we don’t. That’s why we need your help. Because if we have any chance of beating- Voldemort-” Hermione replied. 

I hated that they were talking about Voldemort, but I kept quiet.

“He’s really back?” Colin Creevey asked.

Harry nodded.

And soon enough everyone was writing their name down to sign up.

They came up to me asked if I could put my name down.

“Sorry kids, I don’t like it for people to track me down, see what I’ve been doing.” I said shrugging. They raised their eyebrows at me but didn’t ask. Thank god.