Chapter Nine

So here I was, flying on a thing called a Thestral. I've never seen anything like it, with its bony figure and black wings, but it was really cool- way cooler than riding on a broomstick.

By the time we got to London, it was dark and thundering. We reached the ground and ran off to the Ministry of Magic.

*

There it was- the door which brought so many happy memories; The Department of Mysteries. I was pretty sure I was the only one who wasn't afraid to go in there, knowing that I would probably be face to face to Lord Voldemort.

"This is it." Harry said as we stared down the hall. They all were walking slowly to the door, where I practically ran down there.

"Emma! What are you doing?" Harry called out. They were halfway to the door while I was already there. I have little patience, so I wasn't going to wait around for their slow asses to get here, so I just opened the door and walked in- the door closing behind me.

I looked around and all these prophecies. I walked only a few metres when I stopped in my tracks; I could see someone coming in my direction. I held my wand up, ready if they attack. When they came into view I almost dropped my wand; it was Bellatrix Lestrange.

"Bella?" I asked. She walked up to me and gave me the biggest hug.

"Emma..." She trailed off. She let go quickly and took my hand, leading me into the darkness as we heard the gang coming from behind.

"Quick- put this on." She said in a hushed tone and handed me a cloak and a Deatheater mask. I gladly put it on and waited in the shadows with Bella. Lucius Malfoy came into view and stood by me, waiting for the right time to pop out at them.

"Lucius..." I whispered. "It's me Emma."

He craned his neck to look at me.

"Emma...?" He said. I nodded faintly. Lucius was best friends with my father when I was little, he and Narcissa were like my second parents.

We saw Harry, Neville, Ginny, Ron, Luna and Hermione standing around. So, Lucius thought it was his que to go in.

"Harry!" I heard Hermione say, looking at Lucius who had his mask on.

Harry ran in front of everyone.

"Where's Sirius?" He asked.

"You know, you really should learn how to tell the difference between dreams, and reality." Lucius started, taking his wand out and waving it over his face, making his mask melt away. "You only saw what the Dark Lord wanted you to see. Now hand me the prophecy." He added.

"You do anything to us and I'll break it." Harry replied. I could tell he wasn't bluffing. Bellatrix cackled at my side, walking up to Lucius.

"He knows how to play! Itty, bitty, baby Potter." She taunted him. I now walked up next to Bellatrix, with my mask on so they didn't see who I was.

"Bellatrix Lestrange," Neville said in disbelief.

Bellatrix whispered in my ear. "Who's that?"

"Neville Longbottom," I whispered back, which echoed around the place.

"Neville Longbottom is it? How's mum and dad?" She asked him.

"Better now that they will be avenged-" He shot back and held his wand up to her, with Bella doing the same. I raised my wand slowly up at Neville, not wanting him to do anything to Bella that might hurt her. I know that she destroyed his parents' minds, but she's my family- well not really – and I only care about her.