Chapter Eleven

*TWO MONTHS LATER*

Emma’s POV

I’m going crazy. I can’t take it in here anymore. Every night the Dementors come to my cell to see if I’m there. Azkaban is killing me, actually worse; it’s slowly breaking up my mind and throwing it away bit by bit. My figure was very bony and my face was getting gloomier by the minute, and that isn’t because of the Dementors taking the happiness out my life. I feel depressed. I really do. I was wearing a baggy prisoner uniform. When I tried it on two months ago it fit perfectly, just a little loose. Now it looks like an oversized pillowcase.

I don’t even know what the day it is, hell, I don’t even know if it’s day or night. All I did know is that I need to get out of here. 

The only thing that was comforting me was The Dark Mark; it would just slither around on my wrist. I hated it, but I can’t imagine life without it; somehow, it makes me feel that my parents are still with me. It’s stupid and babyish. 

*

“God dammit!” I shouted hitting the wall in the tiny cell. They took out my piercings, as they thought I would be able to escape with it. Pricks. But that was pretty smart… I would have used it to pick the lock.

“I’m going to die in here!” I exclaimed with a large smiled forced on my face. I laughed manically and slid down on the wall, staring at the Dark Mark.

“All of this is caused by you.” I pointed at the ugly tattoo. I frowned at it and slapped my left forearm, which hurt more than it should have.

I lay on the ground with my knees on my chest and my hands under my head. I felt a tear prickle down my eye and onto my hand. Crying is basically the only thing I do now. 

As the time slowly rolled by it was finally time to eat. I ran to the bars and snatched the tray out of the guard’s hand. I ran back to the corner of the small room in the darkness and ate slowly.

I felt like a caged animal, doing tricks for food. Fudge never visited me before until that day.

“Emma? Come here.” I heard his voice at the bars.

I stayed quiet, shoving the food away from me. I slowly crawled around the walls in the dark.

“Emma I know you’re in there… Is she?” Fudge asked. I pounced at bars grabbing Fudge’s tie but lost grip because I was so weak.

“Emma! How are you?” Fudge said taking a few steps back.

“Me? I’m doing great! HOW ABOUT YOU?” I shouted manically. I smiled and laughed as if I lost my mind. But here’s the rob, I already have lost my mind.

“I’m lovely…” He trailed off. I backed away in the shadows.

“Do you need anything Emma?” He asked moving his head around trying to see me.

“You know, I am losing it in here. You don’t even care! Haha!” I smiled. I ran over to the bars and squeezed my head in between them.

“Do you know what this place is doing to me? I’m insane! Hahahahaha!” I laughed at myself. “And it’s all because of this,” I pointed at the Dark Mark. “This tattoo. ALL THIS IS BECAUSE OF THIS LITTLE TATTOO! You can’t prove anything! I’m not crazy! Shut up!” I screamed running to my rock hard bed.

“Okay then…” I heard Fudge say. “Well, I’ll see you soon Emma.” He added getting ready.

“No you won’t! Because the next time you will see me is in Hell!” I shouted manically, causing the other prisoners to yell out.

I better get used to being in here; I’m going to spend another two years in this hell of a place.