Chapter Thirteen

*One Week Later*

I still didn’t know how to get into Hogsmeade without any help. So I was wondering around in dark alleys when it happened. I was just about to walk out of an alley when I saw a whole bunch of Ministry workers talking to muggles. I squinted to see what one of them had in his hand. It was me, with the words 

WANTED ALIVE

 Emma Rose Darlington - Reward $10 000. 

I guess they wrote muggle money on it so they wouldn’t ask questions about what Galleons are. I watched as they talked to the mum and daughter I talked to a week ago. I watched as they talked and the mother pointed to where I was. The Ministry workers looked over to me and I’m pretty sure they spotted me, because they were running towards me and yelling out stuff like “Freeze!” and “We got a runner!”

Well anyway so I was on the run, I ran out of the alleyway and down the street, which was hard since my bloody ankle is broken. Well, now it’s time to test out my flying skills. Dark Mark, don’t fail me now. I saw black smoke all around me and I rose off the ground, only to be followed by white flyers- the Ministry men. I flew around the bridges and over the buildings, dodging a couple of Dementors as well. I cackled as I flew, looking behind me as I saw the Dementors were chasing after me as well as the Ministry. I thought the best place to go was Hogsmeade.

 I’m insane, what do I know!

I took a sharp U-turn around Big Ben and down into the streets, into the Leaky Cauldron, and I bashed into the brick wall that separated the magical world and the muggle world.

I took a sharp turn into Ollivanders and grabbed the first wand box I saw. I landed on the ground with a crack from my broken foot. I took the wand out of its box and threw spells at the Ministry workers while producing Patronus’s at the Dementors. (This was hard since I don’t have any happy memories) I succeeded barely in the Patronus resulting in the Dementors fleeing. I threw spells at the Ministry until there was only two left. The black smoke covered me once again and off I went, to Hogwarts.

This is going to be a surprise for them I bet. I landed in the courtyard and ran into the Entrance hall, where I found everyone was in there- perfect. I threw spells at the Ministry workers as I heard gasps and screams when they saw me. It was a tough battle since it was one versus about a thousand people. I heard someone shout behind me.

“Expelliarmus!” And the wand I was using flew out of my hands. I slowly turned around to see Dumbledore, pointing his wand at me, as well as the two Ministry workers.

“Put your hands up!” One of them yelled. I slowly turned back to the two men and slowly raised my hands, followed by a smile on my face. They walked over to me with their wands still raised and one of them tied some rope tightly around my hands. I kept smiling insanely as I looked around with insanity in my eyes.

“Thank you Dumbledore.” One of them said. 

“No worries officer.” Dumbledore replied staring at me with sadness in his eyes. I just kept smiling and laughed as they slowly took me away.

“You can’t lock me up Fudge!” I shouted walking backwards slowly. I laughed as they closed the Entrance Hall doors.

“Now then, back to Azkaban you go…” One of them said holding onto me.

“Wait!” I screamed wriggling out of his grip.

“Wait, can I please just fix my foot? And my shoulder?” I said nodding to the broken bones. They looked at each other exchanging looks.

“All right, we will ask Dumbledore- No funny business- you understand me?” One of them asked me firmly.

“Yes…” I replied rolling my eyes. I leaned against the wall as one of them walked in, the other watching me with his wand pointed at me.

I had a plan, and it was about to kick into action. I got off the wall and looked past him, with a horrid look on my face. He looked at me confused, lowered his wand and looked behind himself. Idiot. I stomped on his foot and head-budded him, resulting with him on the ground, unconscious. I heard footsteps coming back from the hall so I quickly took his wand, un-tied my hands and ran out. I looked behind me and I just saw a glimpse of the other man coming out with a horrified look on his face. The black smoke appeared and I was off- heading towards the Shrieking Shack.

*

Luckily no one was following me, so I got in the Shack unseen. 

 I walked in the house and up the stairs, trying to find any piece of clothing that was better than what I had on. I came across a room that had a single bed in it and a large plain wardrobe. I dusted off the bed and the wardrobe before unveiling its treasures. I guess that day was my lucky day; a puffy ancient dress stood alone, along with some flats and a bonnet. As much as I hate dresses, it was the only thing in this house that was wearable. The dress was blood red with white paint flicked onto it and it had long sleeves. Thank god. 

Surprisingly it was perfect, just a little big for my bony figure. The flats were perfect as well and the bonnet was good because it covered half my face. I decided to put my skills to work. 

I placed the dress on the dining table downstairs and found some sharp wood lying in a corner. I started pulling and ripping the layers off the dress so it would look more modern and appropriate for this century. I then grabbed the bonnet and started ripping the fabric to turn it into a handkerchief so I could place it over my mouth and nose.

I felt upset because my piercing holes have all closed up. But I didn’t worry about it much. 

I put the flats on my feet, the ripped dress that was now knee length and was way less puffier. The left long sleeve is still attached, but I ripped the other one off accidently. I tied the handkerchief over my nose and mouth and found some coal on the kitchen bench. I grabbed the coal and the wand I stole from the Ministry worker, and turned the coal into eyeliner. I took the eyeliner and drew diamonds over both my eyes and coloured them in so my green eyes popped.

I then turned the eyeliner into a black hair tie and tied up my hair in a high ponytail. I looked different. And that was enough. 

I took a step out the door with the sun blinding me. I shielded my eyes with my hand and everything came into view. I started walking up the hill and down the road to the little village. 

I reached the Three Broomsticks but before I went in something caught my eye. It was a poster of me. I’m smiling and laughing and yelling out to the camera and I threw my sign at the camera, making it fall. I laughed at that and stuffed the poster up my sleeve, over my dark tattoo. I walked in and stumbled over to the cashier. I tried not to yell out my words because I never been able to talk to someone without yelling or being tackled.

“Hello.” I said and smiled.

“What would you like?” A middle aged woman asked.

“Can I have about 100 Galleons worth of Butterbeer, 200 sandwiches and a map?” I asked her. She looked totally baffled.

“Here,” I said, picking up the quill and parchment from the table. I wrote down the things I wanted;

100 Galleons worth of Butterbeer, 

200 chicken sandwiches, 

and a map of Hogsmeade and Hogwarts.

= 250 Galleons.

Will pay when I get the order

Address- The lobby of the Leaky Cauldron ASAP

Name you’re looking for- Daisy Williams will be there to pick up the order.

Saturday the 15th of October. 

I made up the name Daisy Williams. I gave her the paper and walked out, trying to find out what the day is. I walked into the Leaky Cauldron and asked what day it was; 10th of October, Monday.