Chapter Eight

I flew over the courtyard and to the Astronomy Tower so I could land without being ambushed by students and teachers. I carried the broomstick all the way down the stairs, through the corridors and up to the common room. I then threw it on the couch and sprinted up the stairs where I found Hermione changing behind the changing screen. I ignored her and ripped my suitcase open so I could find some Panadol. I was really stressing after that show. I searched for probably 5 minutes but couldn’t find it. I looked at my bedside table when I remembered that I out it there, but it was nowhere to be found.

“Granger have you seen my Panadol anywhere?” I asked her, still looking around. I didn’t even have to wait for her to answer, because when I looked over at her bedside table- it was there.

“Hey! That’s mine!” I called out walking over to her bed to retrieve it.

“Sorry I- I just needed to borrow it- and I saw it on your side table and thought that you wouldn’t mind.” She stammered as she made her way out from behind the changing screen. 

“Ugh- whatever then,” I replied, too much in pain to care.

“You know you never told me about yourself, or where you live or anything like that.” She said casually as she looked at herself in the long mirror, fixing up her hair.

“… Why do you want to know? What did you hear?” I asked curiously. She looked at me through the mirror with a confused expression.

“What? I didn’t hear anything- I'm just curious that’s all…” She said awkwardly. I ignored her and went to the washroom to fix my hair because the wind messed it up.

I heard Hermione leave the room without saying anything else.

“Stupid Mudblood… Needs to learn to keep her mouth shut…” I mumbled quietly. After I liked what I saw I walked out of the washroom, cleaned up my bed and walked out of the room without another glance. I found Hermione, Ron and Harry sitting down at the couch in deep conversation. 

“The only chimney that isn’t on surveillance is Umbridge’s office!” Exclaimed Harry.

“Then what are we waiting for? We should go now!” Ron said quietly. So they all got up from the couch, and froze when they saw me.

“Hello,” I waved at them.

“Hey Emma- we really need to be somewhere so…” Harry trailed off, then walked past me and through the portrait hole.

Maybe Plotter saw the vision?

I decided I would join them on their little adventure because, this involves me too.

“Hey wait up!” I called out after them. I ran out of the portrait hole and down the steps where I found them waiting for me.

“Look Emma, we really have to go-” Harry started.

“I know, I know. I'm just wondering if I could join you.” I asked them.

“We don’t have time for this Harry-” Ron spoke quietly.

“Please- I know what's going on, I can help.” I pleaded. They looked at each other confused then at me.

“How’d you know?” Harry asked.

“Um- I- Neville told me.” I panicked. I couldn’t let them know that I saw the vision. “Please? Come one we’re wasting time!” I added, shoving them on. They finally let me tag along and ran up to Umbridge’s office.

“Alohomora!” Harry exclaimed as we reached the door of Umbridge’s office. 

We walked over to the fireplace and lit it.