Chapter Seven

I got up from my bed and walked to the exit, bumping into a couple of things on the way. I reached the staircase that lead down to the common room and climbed down, to be greeted by no one. I walked over to the couch and picked up my hoodie, where I left down here the previous night. I put it on my person and grabbed my wand.

I walked out of the room and decided to take a walk down to the old Forbidden Forest, I mean, why not? 

I made sure my wand was in my spiked boots and set off.

I didn’t get very far as I saw Harry, Hermione, Ron and the half giant Hagrid walking to the direction that I was heading to; the Forbidden Forest.

I followed behind them, careful not to step on branches. I decided to snoop around, see what they’re doing. I mean, why not? I had to hide behind a lot of trees numerous times because there were a lot of twigs and dried up leaves scattered around.

“Hagrid, why can’t you just tell us?” I heard Harry say. Suddenly a lot of Centaurs galloped past, shouting out and looking angry. Damn.

“I’ve never seen the Centaurs so riled! And there dangerous at the best of times. If the Ministry restricts their territory much more there going to have a full uprising on their hands!” Hagrid cried out.

“Hagrid what's going on?” Hermione said warily.

“I'm sorry to be so mysterious you three- I wouldn’t be bothering you at all with it… But with Dumbledore gone, I- I’ll likely be getting a sack any day now- and I couldn’t just leave without telling someone about him!” Hagrid babbled. 

I looked around the tree I was hiding from to see what he was talking about. I saw a great big mountain, coming to life. But it turned out just to be a giant- no biggie.

“Grawpie!” Hagrid called excitedly. “Down here you great buffoon!”

Birds flied around the giant, distracting him. He followed the birds with his eyes, and then when they started flying away he chased after them, crushing the birds in his hands.

“Grawpie!” Hagrid gasped. “I brought you some company.”

Grawpie looked down at Harry, Ron and Hermione and smiled, then started running after them. I gasped quietly, and then started laughing a little too loudly when he got pulled back by the rope that was tied around a tree and his waist. Everybody looked in my direction, and I hid a split second too late.

“Who’s there?” I heard Harry call out.

“Shit,” I said under my breath. 

I heard crumpled twigs and leaves come closer and closer, indicating that someone was coming up to me. I quickly put my hood on and ran for it.

“Hey!” Someone called out. “Stupefy!” A spell hit the tree next to me. I hid behind it and took my wand out of my boot.

I heard more spells hit everywhere around me. I took a deep breath and started running again, spinning every couple seconds to block the spells.

At one point I got tired, so I stopped running and turned to Harry, Hermione and Ron, who were only a few metres away from me.

I'm pretty sure they didn’t see my face because Hermione yelled out,

“Who are you?” 

I smiled and held onto my wand.

“Obliviate!” I cried out and wiped their memories of what happened. I also thought of Hagrid as I did the spell so he wouldn’t remember our ‘encounter’ either. When I finished I raced back to the castle, leaving them clueless.