Chapter Six

After that little stunt, with Dumbledore gone, there wasn’t any choice but to elect Umbridge as the Headmistress. It’s just fabulous.

We all stood around as Filch climbed up with very high ladder, hammered in a nail in the wall to hang up yet another rule that Umbridge has given us.

Dolores Jane Umbridge

has replaced

Albus Dumbledore

as head

of Hogwarts

School of 

Witchcraft

and Wizardry

The school is falling apart. All the paintings and portraits in the Grand Staircase has all gone down, no one is allowed outside or down to Hogsmead (But that doesn’t stop me from going), she’s taken over the school.

*

The next day we were in the Great Hall, writing down some work for Umbridge, who was sitting in a large chair sipping her tea like she owned the place.

We used these quills where whatever you write down it appears on your hand, as if you cut it into your skin. But being the badass I am, I just put my feet up onto the table, kicked the quill off the desk and put my hands behind my head, and listened to some songs.

When the clock struck 5:00pm we were allowed to leave, but I was held back.

“Yes Miss?” I asked as I casually walked up to her.

“It’s professor, thank you.” She replied. I smiled and shot back,

“You’re welcome, Miss.”

“Why didn’t you do your work?” She asked, placing her tea cup on the stool beside her. I shrugged my shoulders.

“Didn’t feel like it.”

“It does not matter whether you ‘feel’ like it or not, you will do the work I have assigned you.” She spat.

“Or what?” I asked, putting my hands on my hips.

“You are walking on very dangerous grounds Darlington.” She said sternly.

“So what! What are you going to do, lock me up in Azkaban for not writing down something pointless which I would not need in life?” I snapped.

“One last chance to clean up your act Darlington or I’ll swear I will-”

“You’ll what?” I asked corssing my arms.

“Get out.” She spat. I smiled.

“Gladly.” With that I turned my heel and stormed out of there, only to be bashed into by non-other than Cho Chang herself.

“Ouch! Watch where you’re going Chang!” I squealed, rubbing my left shoulder.

“Sorry.” She mumbled, wiping tears off of her face. Aw.

“Hey, pretty harsh thing to do- telling on your boyfriend like that.” I said to her. “But hey, I congratulate you for doing that- I'm not big on following the rules but, he was breaking them. So you went and dobbed on him.” I moved closer and patted her on the shoulder. “Good job.” 

I walked up to the Gryffindor Common Room and collapsed on the couch.

“Holy Jesus- what a fight.” I said to myself out loud.

I sat up and noticed Dean Thomas sitting in the corner of the room, massaging his hand.

“Hey! What’s the day today?” I called out.

“Friday,” He replied not looking up.

“Thank God.” I replied, lying on the couch once more and staring at the dying fire.

After about 10 minutes I got up slowly and walked up to the girl’s dormitory, where I found Hermione reading a book, of course.

I ignored her and started to search for some clothes to change in. I had enough of wearing these heavy woollen robes.

She looked up from her book and looked around the room before her eyes fell on me.

She had panic in her eyes for one second then she went back to reading her book like she wasn’t there. I rolled my eyes. I took a long sleeved shirt and some ripped jeans to change into. I went behind the changing screen and put my clothes to hang over the top, while I got rid of the heavy robes.

“Hey, I guess I'm sorry for calling you a Mudblood the other week.” I started.

“Oh, uh. Thanks.” She replied. I was quite surprised that she didn’t say sorry either, I mean she’s the one who started it. The thing that I find funny is that we are complete opposites; she reads books, I listen to music, I have dark hair and dark clothes, she has light hair and bright happy clothes, she’s nerdy, I'm- not nerdy. Oh yeah! I'm a deatheater, and she isn’t.

“Um. Aren’t you going to apologise? Since you did call out my background.” I said taking my shirt and putting it on my person. I realized that when I put this shirt on, the sleeves didn’t go up to my wrist; they went up to my elbows. I threw my robes out of reach so there was no way I could reach for them without Hermione noticing my Dark Mark. Hermione didn’t even reply, but I didn’t care about that at the moment.

“Shit.” I said a little too loudly.

“Oh right. I am sorry that I said that- I didn’t even mean it!” She said. I didn’t reply.

“Um, are you okay?” She asked. I heard her close her book, get up from her bed and slowly walk to where I was.

“Shit, yeah I'm fine!” I yelled out. I panicked for a second then took my shirt off, placed it over my Dark Mark, then slowly poked my head out from the side of the changing screen.

“Uhh, could you grab my suitcase for me?” I asked her. She hesitated, but nodded her head, then dragged my suitcase to the changing screen. But it was a little far away so I had to reach for it. And since the suitcase is on the left side of me I had to grab for it with my left hand. I smiled at her and reached for my suitcase, with my right hand over my shirt, which was over my forearm, covering the Dark Mark.

“Thanks…” I trailed off as I watched her watch me with suspicion. I hid behind the changing screen once more with my suitcase, rummaged through and found a shirt that had long sleeves.

I changed into that, put my ripped jeans on and emerged from hiding, walking up to the long mirror. I took a hair tie from my suitcase, grabbed my hair and put it in a messy high pony tail, and walked back to my suitcase. I stuffed my robes and the faulty shirt into it, zipped it up and took it back to my bed, which I stuffed the suitcase under.

“Well, I'm glad that that’s done and dusted- and our little argument.” I said and dusted off my hands. 

“Yeah me too.” She said. She waved goodbye to me and left the dormitory.

I collapsed on my bed and stared at the ceiling. I felt the Dark Mark slither around on my wrist. I fought it, I felt dizzy and light headed, but it stopped after a while. Thank god.