Chapter 17: Regret

Rafe POV...

Its been a year since Will left and everyday has become more painful than the next. Jake and I cannot even seem to cope without him here, its like a part of ourselves is missing and that is true in every sense. Its been over six months since we have been intimate and that is because every time we try to make love the image of Will pops up. We tried to ignore it but as it went on it became unbearable and we just stopped. This has put a strain on our relationship and to be honest we are like roommates that live together but cannot live without each other. As I walked into our bedroom that evening I found Jake crying as always. It hurts me to know that I cannot seem to help my own mate when he is hurting, but I am also hurting and sometimes we just aren't strong enough. Don't get me wrong Jake and I love each other so much but its not complete and it never will be unless Will comes back to us.

I walked over to Jake and put my arms around him, today seems to be worse than the rest because its their birthday but no one seems to want to celebrate.
"Jake, baby, its going to be okay. He will come back to us please don't cry honey please" I Uploaded with him and he just buried his face in my chest and cried. This went on for a while until he was just quiet with no tears left in him. I heard my phone ring and I reached into my pocket to answer, with Jake still in my arms. "Hello Rafe, I wanted to invite you guys over, its important" Jake's father sounded serious so as soon as the call ended we went over there as fast as we could.

When we arrived there was a gathering to celebrate Jake's birthday and it was a lovely surprise. I could see the change in his demeanor as soon as they surprised him for the first time in a year he seemed kind of happy and I guess its because he was around his family and childhood friends. Its made me smile to see my mate smile again.

Will POV...
"Sammy!... If you don't come down here this instant little girl I will spank you" I shouted at my little angel who can transform into a demon sometimes. She ran out looking innocent, knowing very well that she isn't.
"Whawever it is I did non do it daddy.. I swear"
She was pouting at me and giving me puppy dog eyes but those won't work today, because this devil put crayons on the walls in the living room as if she as some sort of artist. I took her hand and took her to the living room and pointed at the wall
"Oh yeah so what is this huh... Is it a ghost that put them there"
Her bottom lip started to tremble and he eyers started to glass over with tears as she saw that I caught her out
"I'm sowry daddy... I was pwaying and I was a wery bad girl sowry!"
At this point she was full on crying and I picked her up and cradled he in my arms. My little angel just made a small mistake it's something that can be fixed.

After wiping her tears and told her it was okay I took her out for ice cream and to the park so she can play around. Sammy is my adopted daughter. I found her on the door step of the women with whom I was renting when she was just 2 and a half years old. The lady wanted to take her to a child care facility but as I looked into her beautiful green eyes I fell in love and so I adopted her and by the following month she was legally my baby. Luckily she had all her papers with her and it was an easy process. She saved me from the darkness that threatened to consume each day and she filled my dark world with light. I told her about Rafe and Jake when she started asking questions about where her other parent was, and I told her that she has two papa's in America that love her very much. She told me that she cannot wait to meet them. I miss them terribly every day and it hurts me like sharp razors every time I think of them.

After taking Sammy to the park we went out for dinner and went home early as I have work tomorrow. She goes to daily care and preschool and when she comes back she has a nanny that takes care of her until I get back from work. I own a company Fouler incorporate, we started as an advertising agency but soon grew. We are now an advertising agency, a publishing house, and we have a manufacturing division that manufactures baby products. The manufacturing side is relatively new as I started it as soon as I got Samantha and I was struggling to find the best baby product for her specific needs. Now we are expending to other countries and that is what this meeting is about today. I am meeting with my partner and best friend Larry to talk about where we are expanding to. I met met Larry a month after I came to Australia and we have been friends ever since. When I opened the company he wanted to buy some shares so he holds 30% of the company shares and I hold the rest. He is a great business partner and he is very hands on. We work amazing together and he is the COO of the company.
"Hey man how was the weekend?"
Larry asked as soon as we got into the conference room
"It was great man, Sammy is a handful though"
"That little girl has you wrapped around your little finger"
We both laughed and I asked him about which country we are going to and what he said left me shaken.
"The United States of America"
And my heart drops...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hmmm. Love B 😍😘😍